Monday, September 14, 2015

Trying something new....again

In the past when I've felt stuck with my weight loss, I've tried something new.  Zumba, pilates, water aerobics, Couch25K....  So this time, I wasn't sure what to try.  I already feel like I have a pretty good mixture of things in my workout regimen, but I feel stuck.  And I'm tired of it.  Add in that I can't seem to get my eating on track no matter what I do...and I needed something that could help with both.  (I'm still doing Weight Watchers points though!)

So I decided to try 21-Day Fix by BeachBody.  A friend of mine is a coach and I hammered her with questions before purchasing so that I'd feel confident with it.  Today...was Day 1.

21 Day Fix is basically that.  21 days that overhaul your workouts and nutrition.  There are 7 different "fix" workouts and you follow a specific calendar for those 3 weeks as far as which workout you do.  Today was Total Body Cardio Fix.  It...kicked...my...butt.  I like to think I'm in pretty decent shape for my size, but this reminded me that I still have a lot of work to do.  It was a tabata style workout (60 seconds on, 20 seconds off)...which I LOVE...but I still had to modify half of the exercises.  It went by fast and I loved it!  I definitely feel like jello now though, so that's a good sign I was working hard.  I do intend, however, on keeping up with my zumba...so we'll see how THAT goes this morning haha.

On the nutrition end of things, it's all about breaking things down into each of the food groups and really focusing on portion control and eating clean/unprocessed type foods.  There are color coded containers for each food group...various sizes.  You get to eat a certain number of those filled containers per day based on your calorie goal.  The veggie and fruit containers are the largest, then carbs, proteins, healthy fats and seeds/dressings.  I think that will take some getting used to, but in the end will hopefully change the way I look at food.  I have a very serious food addiction problem and I NEED to get it under control!!!

This morning's breakfast (post workout) was my Premier Protein Shake, 1 carb container of oatmeal and 1 fruit container filled with mixed berries.   Already up to 64 oz. of water too!  So I'm off to a great start.  But I have never had a problem with "starts".  It's the late afternoon/evening where I struggle.

So I'm looking forward to the next 3 weeks and seeing the difference it makes.  I took my before pictures and measurements and I'm ready to have tunnel vision for the next 21 days.  Hopefully it will help make for a great season 20 of Jilly's Losers too!  We start tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment