Monday, November 19, 2012

Gotta buckle down...again.

I should thank my friend Angie for posting her own weight loss blog entry this week because it reminded me that hey...I have one of those!  I didn't realize that my last post was all the way back in JULY!  I really need to start writing again if for no other reason than it helps me to sort out my head and get back on track with my goals.

The good news is that I've now lost 71 lbs, but the bad news is that I've kind of been stuck there for a longgggg time.  I have exercise down to a science now, though I'll admit I'm bored of it lately.  I try to mix up different cardio machines with swimming laps...and regular weight lifting with circuit training but I'm just...bored.  It will be nice when spring comes again and it's warm enough to start doing more things outside.  I'm really starting to hate my gym..though at the same time, I miss it when I don't go.

Food, as always, is my enemy.  When I think I've kicked something, another weakness rears its head.  I can't seem to kick my habit of stress and comfort eating.  And it really doesn't help that my favorite Mexican place is open 24/7!!!  Late night burritos make for a very unhappy next morning.

My sister is getting married in 2 months.  Back when it was announced I thought, "Hey, this is great.  I have plenty of time to get down to 200 lbs and look hot in a dress!!"  And now I'm thinking, "I'm never going to fit into the size 18 dress I bought and I can't even seem to get under 250!!"  This "plateau" of mine is really really frustrating.  I guess I should be grateful that I finally got under 260 after being in the 260's for 6 months, but it's just not enough.

I keep telling myself to just take it 1 day at a time, but I can't seem to have more than 2-3 good days in a row.  I need a good WEEK.  It's been a long time since I had an entire week where I was in the gym 5-6 days and kept myself to that ONE indulgence day/meal.  I need to.  Badly.  Maybe then I'd see a weight change of more than .4 or .6 and it will motivate me to try even harder.  But I have to start somewhere...and it's Monday.

So off to the gym I go!

1 comment:

  1. Totally feel your pain. I realized the other day that I'm desperate to get out of this 25 pound window I'm apparently stuck in. I bounce up and down and up and down, but can't ever manage to stick a weight below about 275. I HAVE to get below it. It's apparently a very comfortable zone for me and it's so frustrating :P

    Hope you're having a good week so far!! (I'm terrified for weigh-in today. It was a rough weekend...)

    ReplyDelete