Wednesday, November 21, 2012

New motivation!

So today I joined another weight loss challenge group on facebook.  You're probably thinking "Why?  Don't you already run one of those?"  Yes. Yes I do.  But one of the girls in my group has a group of her own and is doing a 6 week holiday blitz that I am hoping will be the extra push I need to get back on track!  I love running my own group, but I think it will also be nice to have something a little different...and something I don't have to stress over being in charge of!

The challenge for our first week in that group is to give up one bad habit and adopt one good one.  I chose to give up soda.  I gave it up once before and went months without it but for some reason I've gotten back into drinking it.  I don't drink it like water (like SOME people I know...HI FAMILY! haha) but I want to try to erase it from my diet again if I can.  The good habit I'm going to try and adopt for the week is NO eating after 8pm.  If I had to pick one thing that has always been the hardest for me and the biggest ruiner of my diet...it's eating late at night.  So no more late night burritos!!  And hopefully not just for this week!  They taste so good though :(  Stupid Betos.

As for my Jilly's Losers group, our challenge this week is to simply have everyone with a loss instead of a gain.  It sounds simple enough, but it's amazing what stress can do.  I gained 2.2 lbs this past week and it makes me really angry.  I worked out 5 days in the gym, but my eating was out of control.  If I hadn't gone to the gym I can only imagine how much higher that number would've been!  I'm glad that Thanksgiving will be here at home this year.  I'll have a lot more control over what's made and eaten and I think I'll be able to control myself a lot better.

Between these two groups, I'm really hoping to shed another 20 lbs before Cami's wedding.  I've got 2 months to do it.  It's completely possible.  I just need to do it.  No excuses.

1 comment:

  1. It IS completely possible!! You can totally do it :) (January 12th is my goal date for 25 pounds... That's the day I turn *gulp* 40. I know it's an ambitious goal but good grief it's about time I give myself a gift like that, right?)

    Glad to have you in our little Blitz competition!!

    ReplyDelete