Thursday, April 18, 2013

New jeans...How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

So today was the day.  I wanted new jeans.  I earned new jeans.  I went to get new jeans.  Now I am no fashionista and I certainly am not going to spend hundreds of dollars on jeans that I'm determined to shrink out of so I went to Lane Bryant.  Good, fashionable clothes...not cheap, but not kill ya dead spendy either.  I used to be a size 28 in both tops and bottoms.  As I've lost weight, I've lost it from the top down.  Anyone who has seen my face is shocked at how much I've lost.  My chest has also shrunk, though still remains entirely too big for my taste.  My hips, butt and thighs however...have been much slower to follow suit.

I started fitting into size 18/20 (1X) tops about 6-9 months ago and was so excited.  But no matter what I did, I couldn't get below a size 22 pants.  So today I went into Lane Bryant and started looking for size 22's.  Being spring, their selection wasn't much and I was only able to find ONE PAIR.  Pouting, I went to the fitting room and put them on....more easily than expected.  Wait a minute...these fit...and are even a little big! What the crap!!  I was so excited.  I ran back out and started grabbing all the 20's I could find.  Needless to say I was dancing around the changing room like a little kid in a twirly dress, but man I was just so happy!!!  They went on without me having to suck it in or wiggle and jump into them from a high dive.  And it wasn't even just one particular style!  THEY ALL FIT!  I probably could have jammed myself into 18's if I wanted to go for "that kind of look", but I decided comfort was more important than size.  So I got my celebratory, sub-250lb jeans...and I love them.  I had to leave the store quickly before I went on a size 20 spending spree.  New clothes are just too much fun!  So here ya go...these are my new jeans.  Yes, I still have several sizes left to go, but hey...I'm WAY closer than I used to be!




No comments:

Post a Comment