Thursday, June 27, 2013

Stupid people won't mess me up...

As most of you already have heard, my husband and I just put an offer on our very first house and had it accepted.  Thus started the whirlwind of chaos!  I can sincerely say that I had no idea what we were getting into when we started this.  The emails and phone calls to this company and that...for this quote and that approval etc etc etc....my God, it's never ending.  It's overwhelming and stressful beyond belief, BUT!!!...It's the kind of stress that is a means to an amazing end and it is WORTH IT.

And then...there are stupid people.  Verizon namely.  Yes you...stupids.  Ugh.  I know I ranted about this on facebook already, so I won't get into the details much here...since that's not the point I wanted to make in writing this.  Basically they tried screwing us out of $400+ dollars and keep backpedaling their decisions and changing their minds and it's just a big mess.

Needless to say, THIS kind of stress surpassed my limit for BS today.  And now my point for writing this.  The old me would have taken a day like today and let it shove me into a dark hole where the only way out was to eat my way out with a spoon or my hands or whatever was easiest.  The old me would have said "screw it" to any progress I may have made with my weight loss and just jumped head first into a pile of fried cheesy fatty goodness.  The old me would have went out and bought a bag of chips, some ranch dip and an entire cake and then hid it from her children so they wouldn't try to steal any.  Yup. I've done that.

But today, the old me was nowhere to be found.  When the stress became too much, I packed up my kids in the car with their swim gear and headed to the pool.  They ran around crazy to beat the heat while I relaxed with a good book (Game of Thrones...though my reading is way behind what I've already seen in the tv series.  They're long freaking books!)  And then when I got hungry for lunch, I made a Peppermint Patty protein shake and downed a few almonds and a banana as the day went on.  The old me didn't even try to poke her head out.  I didn't even have a craving for any of the old stuff.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???  This would have been the perfect excuse for some Betos!  Though who really needs an excuse for Betos...honestly.

I know the old me still hides down in the dark corners and that she has her days when she wants to be heard.  She'll never fully go away.  But I'm realizing that I don't NEED her anymore.  I'm okay without her.  I'm strong enough to handle the things that come my way...without the help of food.  And man, does that feel good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment