Monday, June 9, 2014

Putting my weight loss on hold...for good reason!

I've been wanting to write a new entry for a long time.  The problem is...I've been watching the scale slowly going up...and up...and until now I haven't been able to talk about the reason why.  So I felt it best to just keep to myself until I was ready to share our awesome news!!

Turns out there's gonna be a new member of our family coming at the end of this year and I'm SO excited! Nathan and I have been on the fence for quite a while about whether or not we were done with the baby having thing and then when we realized my Nuva Ring (sorry if this is TMI for people but hey, it's the truth) had fallen out somewhere in the midst of things and that it was possible I could be pregnant....we weren't freaked out by it.  We were actually kind of excited.  We realized that was our answer.  We wanted another one.  So we just let things be and now here we are!  As of tomorrow I'll be 11 weeks along...due on December 30th of this year.  That was our first born's due date way back when, which makes it that much more special.  There will be an 8 year gap between Emma and the baby, which means we are really starting over from scratch here...but it will be an exciting adventure.

We found out pretty early on that I was pregnant.  We've known for about 6 weeks now and it's been REALLY HARD to not shout it to the world.  Even my kids have been able to keep it a secret (which I must say impressed me big time).  It feels good to finally be able to share it with everyone (though our families already knew) and to finally explain why I still haven't hit that blasted 200lb barrier!

I'll admit that part of me is frustrated to know that it will be another year at least before I get to that milestone, but if any reason is a good one for it....this is.  The hard thing for me has been trying not to let things get out of hand with my weight.  I am still running Jilly's Losers, but I haven't been weighing in because seeing the group's leader gain weight steadily isn't going to motivate anyone.  The problem with that is that without that accountability, I've found it VERY hard to hold onto any sort of will power.  If I crave it, I eat it.  The "morning" sickness hasn't helped matters either. Most of my old go-to health foods make me feel sick just at the sound of them and carbs are the only thing that even remotely helps my stomach.  Go figure right?  So I have gained about 8lbs in the last 4 weeks.  I am determined though to reign my eating back in and to not let this be the slippery slope that undoes all my hard work of the past 3 years.  I REALLY do not want to have to lose those 120lbs all over again.

I am going to try really hard not to let myself gain more than 25-30lbs this pregnancy.  I am continuing to work out (though not quite as often due to extreme fatigue) and am still tracking what I eat...so with a little motivation, I should be just fine.  I know how to do this..I just need to do it. And not let my cravings win out every time!  Ugh.  Stupid cravings.

So...this blog may have a bit of a different tune to it over the next year, but hopefully people will continue to read and hopefully I can shed a little light on how do do this pregnancy thing the right way.  I will admit I'm really excited to finally have a pregnancy where I am HEALTHY to start out with.  By the end of my other pregnancies I was close to or way over 300lbs.  I never felt I looked "pregnant" just "fat".  I never worked out, I felt miserable all the time...and I just didn't get to truly enjoy it.  I'm excited to see how this pregnancy is different.  I'm at a very different place in my life both physically and mentally and I know that will make for a great experience.  I guess it's a good thing I hadn't yet gotten rid of ALL of my bigger clothes...because those size 16's I was finally fitting into....yeah they're not gonna work anymore.

So give me all the advice you got people.  I feel like I'm doing this for the first time and it's pretty scary.  11 weeks down, 29 to go! :)

7 comments:

  1. It had been 6 years between Tiffany and Cami and your dad caught me reading a pregnancy book one day. He said, 'You've already done this three times. Don't you remember how to do it?" "Nope," I said. It was a good refresher. You just forget what to do with newborns! So excited to be Gram again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha how did I just see this comment? I feel the same way. I told my midwife to treat me like a first timer. I don't remember any of this! I know changing diapers and nursing will be like riding a bike, but man...I feel clueless. I'm glad you'll be here to help for a while!

      Delete
  2. A different way.. but we had our little angel after 17 years... lol at 50 mind you.... Such a blessing. You will have all those amazing helping hands!!! Congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A huge congratulations to you! Sounds like it was meant to be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie :) I have to say part of me was bummed at the timing as I had been only 2lbs away from losing 125lbs. I was excited to get to share that with you haha. But I know it will happen eventually :) Thanks again for your continued motivation!

      Delete
  5. It's amazing way to get fitness. We really enjoyed it.
    Weight Loss Center in Delhi

    ReplyDelete