Monday, September 22, 2014

Mini-update

I'm feeling much better since my last blog post/long-winded whiny rant.  I honestly think that's why I wrote it in the first place.  I tend to feel much better after I get things down on paper (even if virtually so).  

I'm feeling much healthier in my relationship with food this week and am grateful for that.  I still have my cravings and I'm still enjoying certain things, but I'm not beating myself up over it like I was a week ago.  I did gain a lot of weight in my first trimester, but over the last 2 months, I've only gained about 3-5lbs...which is actually pretty great.  Average is a gain of 1 pound a week at this point in pregnancy, so I'll be happy if I can just keep up with that.

I've had so many wonderful friends and people at my gym who tell me I look amazing for being 6 months along and while my first instinct is to not believe them, I'm learning to trust that they're not just being nice and that maybe I'm not doing as horribly as I once thought.  As previously mentioned, I do seem to be gaining most of it in the right places, so hopefully it will come off quicker than I'm worried it will.

I had to go buy a few more items of maternity clothes this week and that helped boost my confidence a bit too.  Before pregnancy, I was fitting in size XL clothes from Old Navy.  I'm still able to do so as far as tops go, which is great. Unfortunately, I did have to make the jump from XL back up to 1X in pants (which was hard to do mentally after working so long to get out of plus size clothing) but I'm okay with it and I know it's not forever :)

26 weeks, 14 to go!  I have my glucose screening test with my midwife next week and everything is going great. Second trimester is pretty awesome.  Gonna go enjoy it before things get hard again!

No comments:

Post a Comment