Saturday, September 30, 2017

100lbs gone...again...

On July 2, 2013...I posted my giddiest post ever. I had lost 100lbs and was over the moon about it. It was fun to go back and read this yesterday as my scale FINALLY made it's way back to that mark.


It has taken me a long time to re-lose the weight I put on when I got pregnant with Cooper in 2014. It was very frustrating to see that scale go all the way back up to 284.1 before I finally buckled down in March of this year. I had forgotten how much better I feel at this weight. Everything is physically easier...work, play, cleaning...everything. And I love it.

When I hit this mark the first time around, my mama was in town and took me shopping for a whole new wardrobe. Hitting this mark again, I'm fitting back into those clothes and it feels like a whole new wardrobe all over again! It's nice to have clothes in my closet just waiting for me to wear them again...but it'll be even more exciting when I finally get into NEW territory.

I have 23 lbs to go before I hit 207lbs, which is how low I had gotten in 2014 I was when I found out I was pregnant. I would really like to break the 200 barrier by new years, but I'll be happy to hit 207 again. Of course these next 3 months are the hardest 3 of the year when it comes to weight loss...at least for me. Food is EVERYWHERE over the next 3 months and it's all my favorite kinds. October won't be so bad because my family is still doing "no sugar" until Halloween. But I need to come up with some ideas for how to keep myself from going overboard on pumpkin flavored everything and Christmas goodies when the time comes. I refuse to be the person who won't have any at all. I'll never be that person. But I'm going to have to set some boundaries so that I can enjoy the things I love (and only get once a year) without going on a complete binge. Being so close to my goal should help :) So will spending Christmas at home I suppose. We were hoping to go to Florida for Gregory's last Christmas before going on his mission next year...but airline prices are ridonkulous. So we'll be here. One plus to that is not having my mom's famous Christmas fudge in my face for 2 weeks straight haha. (Love you mama!)

Losing the weight this time around has definitely been harder. This last pregnancy screwed up the way my body works when it comes to weight loss and I had to tweak some things...but I've learned I really can do hard things. And those hard things have been completely worth it. I just feel...good. Really good. And I'm excited to inch closer to seeing a "1" at the front of my weight for the first time since 1998. It's gonna happen this time people. Nothing's gonna stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment