Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Week 2 of Jilly's Losers!

So I'm totally in love with this FB version of The Biggest Loser that I was able to put together with some friends of mine. It's been a HUGE motivation and support for me and now that some of the stress/chaos in my life has subsided, I actually had a great weight loss week! I was down 2.8 lbs this week, which is infinitely better than the .2 lbs I lost last week. Since I'm a bigger girl to start with, that's not a very high percentage of weight loss compared to my other awesome "Losers", but I can't be upset with almost 3 lbs in one week. I'll admit, sometimes I miss the 10 lbs/week of the hcg diet...but at the same time I know that in the long run, doing it this way will be much more long term and a complete life changer for me.

Last week I worked out 6 days, which is my goal. It was the first time I've ever accomplished it and I was so proud of myself. It's hard work though. I'm still a bit sore but it's getting easier. Not to mention blisters are becoming normal haha. But I actually am to a point now that I crave that time in the gym. I crave the time away from the chaos of home and the responsibilities of mom/housekeeper for a couple hours.

I'm still working on my eating habits, but having this BodyMedia Fit armband seriously helps. It's amazing how much more conscious I am about my food choices when I see the calories of EVERYTHING and how it balances out with my caloric burn for the day. I aim to burn at LEAST 1,000 more calories a day than I take in, so it's nice that I can see what I can afford to eat at any given time...and most days I'm way over that 1,000 mark! Exercising is far easier than eating right though, I've decided.

So my goal for week 3 is to lose more than 3 pounds. I'm 7.8 lbs away from being under 300 again and this time I want to STAY under 300. So I'm going to work my ass off (hopefully literally!) and we'll see how it goes. I feel so blessed to have the support that I have. I don't know what I'd do without such amazing friends and family.

1 comment: