Thursday, September 19, 2013

Biggest Loser Resort - Day 4

Wednesday was like an oreo cookie with UGHHHHH in the middle of two delicious cookies.

I did NOT get enough sleep Tuesday night, though I did sleep a bit more soundly.  But since Wednesday morning's activities are designed to give us a bit of a break from Tuesdays torture, we got an extra 15 minutes in bed.  YES!  At 6:15 we met Betty for some meditative stretching.  I was thinking yoga (which is nice but still hard).  But nope.  She had us lie down on mats...in the pitch black dark...and stretch for AN HOUR.  It was amazing and much needed.

After a filling, but kinda meh (in  my opinion) breakfast of oatmeal with chia seeds and turkey sausage...we headed for the vans for our daily outdoor activity.  Today, I was actually really excited about that.  We went to a diffferent reserve and did a 3/4 mile walk around this gorgeous pond, just talking with one another.



Then we got to play KICKBALL. How awesome is that?  We joined for the morning by Jerry and Estella from season 7 and they were so awesome!  They still look absolutely incredible.  Poor Jerry had even been hit by a car on his bike this past Monday and still played kickball with  us.  I haven't played since I was a kid.  It was competitive! hahaha.  Our good friend Melissa kept catching the damn ball to get us out though. That girl is a serious athlete.  She pushes me to go harder every day.  Love her.






After kickball we walked another loop around the pond and called it a morning.  It really was a nice break from all the hardcore ass kicking stuff we'd been doing the day before.

We headed back to the resort for more lectures.  Emotional Eating and Intuitive eating were both covered today and I needed them both.  Emotional eating is my biggest obstacle on my journey at the moment.  I struggle with it every day.  I can workout 6 days a week, but my emotional eating easily undoes everything in a meal or two of I'm not careful.  The dieticians and life coach here are SO great and have really helped me to feel like I can go home and work on this with some success.

We also had a great motivational lecture by Olivia and Hannah this morning.  It's amazing to me to see tears in their eyes as they speak about things they've said a million times.  It's always just so sincere and heart felt and I love every minute that I get to spend learning from them. (I got video clips but they don't seem to want to upload on my blog.  I'll have to find a way to share them later I guess.)

We had a delicious lunch off asian chicken wraps and I got to sit with Hannah for what was really the first time and just talk to her.  She's so fun and so real and open.  I love that they're REAL people.  Not just some camera character that they put on.



After lunch and lecture were over, I had the amazing opportunity to be interviewed on camera by Olivia for their website.  www.myfitspiration.com.   It's a company they run together and kind of how I started following them online in the first place. They put up a lot of inspirational or just fun silly videos and talk about all sorts of things.  I don't know when my clip will be put up, but it was a really neat experience to get to talk about my journey and my Jilly's Losers group on camera....where thousands of people are going to see it.  Scary too!!  But I can't wait to see it.

Hannah, Olivia and Ben headed to the airport and the rest of us headed off to workouts.  It was sad to see them go, but I'm so eternally grateful for the opportunity they gave me this week.  I will never forget it.

Our afternoon workouts were really tough.  We did a 35 minute class of various exercises.


...and then a 50 minute class of dumbells.  Can I just tell you how UNBELIEVABLY SORE we're going to be for the next two days?  We were burning out one muscle at a time, 45 reps each time and it was HARD!!!!

But then came dinner and the best part of the day (usually)....dessert.  It's amazing what you can  make with greek yogurt. This was like cheesecake heaven!


But even better than dessert was when Amy and I headed to the spa for our girls night.  Amy was sweet enough to treat me to a "Head to Toe" body treatment.  Massages, facials and pedicures.  The massages were the most heavenly, orgasmic thing ever.  We needed them so badly.  Stanley  is my new best friend.  Now if only I could do that every day!  I'd never had a facial before but it was really nice...and my feet definitely look and feel better now!  It will help me survive the rest of the week for sure and I'm so thankful that Amy gave us both that gift.




Because Thursday....it's back to hell.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely ladies in robes hehehe :) Sounds like another amazing day! Cheering you both on!

    ReplyDelete