Monday, September 16, 2013

Biggest Loser Resort - Day Two!!

I don't think I have the energy to describe my whole day, but I will try!

My alarm went off at 5:30 am this morning.  Our first workout begins at 6 and if we're late to a workout, the WHOLE group has to do 10 burpees for every minute you're late.  So yeah...you don't want to be late.  If you don't know what a burpee is, google it.  They suck.  I noticed once I got up that someone was outside mowing the golf course here at the resort.  IN THE DARK!  Good thing I had to be up anyway.  Here's the view from my room by the way.  So nice!




We met the head trainer, Betty, this morning at 6 and she is just pure awesome.  She's this tiny little 5 foot 1 (and a quarter...she said that was important to remember) jumping bean.  So perky, but so tough.  I love her to death and I'm so excited to be training with her all week.  I'll try to post a picture sometime this week when I can get one.  Since it was our first day, we did some dynamic stretching and then she showed us how to use every piece of cardio equipment.  There's a lot.  Most of it I will never see in my own gym, so it was great to try out some new things...like the jacob's ladder.  Again, if you don't know what it is, look it up.  It's HARD!



After an hour of trying out different machines we headed off to breakfast.  The food here is seriously amazing.  I keep forgetting to take all the pics because I'm too hungry and eat it before I remember!  After breakfast we got into the Biggest Loser vans to head off for our first outdoor workout.  We have one every morning, rain or shine.  Luckily the weather held up today, though it was COLD!  



We went to a forest reserve that had a trail loop around it.  It was beautiful.  One full loop is 1.2 miles.  Our goal was simply to go around it for 80 mins.  I was thinking hey, this will be cake.  Nope.  I turned on my C25K workouts and just kept going.  I ran as much as I could but about halfway in, I started to drag a bit.  By the end though, I had gone 6 miles and I was extremely proud of myself.  Only about 4 of us went that far and it was quite the accomplishment.  On Friday we'll do it again and see if we improve.  It was such a great inspiration, seeing people of all ages and sizes going around and around this thing.  I'm proud of our little group.  That reminds me...our group is only about 18 people, which is apparently the smallest they've ever had.  Can I just tell you how awesome that is???


After that workout, we came back to the resort and headed to our first lecture.  We had two of them today and learned a ton about nutrition, which is my biggest struggle.  The nutritionists are great.  Most of the things they talked about were things I already know, but they answered a lot of questions and really made me feel like this is something I can handle once I get home.  Hopefully they'll give us the recipes to all this amazing food!  LUNCH!  We had an amazing lunch after the lecture.  It was like a ground turkey meditteranean pita that I can't really even describe the taste of.  But it was SO GOOD.  We get about 1500 calories a day, plus small snacks..and I always feel really full.  It's great.  I was worried I'd starve.


After lunch and another class, we headed back to the gym for our 2pm workout.  It was called C3.  Everyone picked a cardio machine (I went with the elliptical because my knees needed the break) and then we did 3 mins of cardio and then 3 minutes of core/strength training.  Sounds easy right?  HAHAHAHA.  The class was only 30 mins long and I was dripping sweat all over my machine.  She had us increasing our resistance and speed constantly and then doing these insanely hard core moves in between.  It was SO great and Betty is so good at pushing us.  The most amazing thing was that Amy picked the hardest machine in the room..the Jacob's ladder.  Everyone looked at her like she was nuts.  But that woman sucked it up and lasted the WHOLE CLASS on that thing.  When I saw her after, I thought she was going to pass out cold at my feet.  Betty announced to the class that Amy was the first person to EVER use that machine in a C3 class.  I'm so so so proud of her.  I wanted a picture of her on it so we went back later after dinner to get a shot.  Isn't she a stud??


After the C3 workout, we had about 20 mins to go back to our rooms (quarter mile walk from the fitness center to our rooms I'd guess) and change into our swimsuits for a water aerobics class.  This is what we looked like in between classes.



Getting in the pool felt so good, but as expected...water aerobics is a LOT harder than most people think before they've tried it.  We were doing 7 minutes cardio stretches with some strength training in between.  It was tough!!!  Amy and I both got wicked cramps that had us screaming lol.  My feet and shins...and her calves.  Stupid cramps!!!  We did awesome though and Erin (the trainer) was great.  I'll definitely have to try out more water workouts once I get home.

We FINALLY got to shower after the pool workout, though it was the fastest one I've ever taken.  But 3 workouts and 3 workout outfits later, I HAD to have one lol.  Then we headed to dinner.  The dinner wasn't my favorite, but we got chocolate covered strawberries for dessert and that was worth everything by itself lol.  

It was so nice to get to sit and talk with Hannah and Olivia so much today and to get to workout alongside them.  They are as motivating as you'd imagine and they are as incredible in real life as they are on tv and in their videos.  They definitely push me to work even harder through my workouts.  I love love love this whole amazing experience.  But hey, it's only been one day right?  Apparently they call Wednesday "Weepy Wednesday".  Talk to me again after that.

I got back to my room and plugged in my armband.  As expected, I had some amazing stats today.  I'm really proud of it.  I get the feeling tomorrow will be even more intense.  Our morning outdoor workout....is in a stadium.  Enough said.  Goodnight!



1 comment:

  1. The look on your sweaty face is priceless. I'm so excited that it's everything you hoped for and more!! Kill it again tomorrow. Love you ladies!

    ReplyDelete