Saturday, March 22, 2014

Obese shmobese!!!

While I know that BMI is not a very accurate way to classify a person (it only takes into account weight and height...not body fat % or muscle mass)...it's still something that I have had my eye on for a long time.  And as of today, I have finally moved down a category!!

For the past 15 years of my life, I have been classified as Obese/Morbidly Obese.  No one likes to hear that...be it from their doctor or an internet calculator.  Hearing you are "obese" brings about all sorts of feelings of depression and inadequacy.  And it's been hard to keep hearing that word even after losing so much weight.

But as of today, I am excited to yell from the rooftops that now I'm just OVERWEIGHT!!!  HAHA!  It's not often, if ever, that you hear a person being elated over being called "overweight", but man...I am freaking thrilled.


How freaking awesome is that???  I'm just barely below it but I don't care!!  It totally counts!  It saddens me that I had to lose 123 lbs to get there, but I finally made it and it's worth celebrating.  It makes me even more excited to get my body fat % tested again to see a more accurate representation of how far I have come.

I'm telling you, this South Beach Diet thing is amazing.  I have now lost 7.8lbs in 5 days and that's while sick and missing workouts. Normally I have to bust my butt at the gym to lose 1-2lbs a week but just cutting a few things out of my diet for 5 days has made all the difference in the world.  And it's not just me!  My dad has lost 5lbs in 5 days on the same diet. I'm SO SO glad he convinced me to try it and I cannot wait to see where we're both at at the end of Phase 1 next week.

Next big milestone?  The 200lb mark.  It's 7.6lbs out of reach and words cannot describe how excited and motivated I am to get there. I haven't been under 200 since 1998 and now it's just barely out of reach.  But I'll get more into that when I reach that goal.  It will be worthy of it's own post :)

But for now....YAY FOR BEING OVERWEIGHT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment