Tuesday, March 18, 2014

"South Beach - Day 1"

Don't worry, I'm not going to blog about every single day of this diet (unless I feel I have something to say haha).  But I felt that Day 1 deserved it's own entry.

Let me start off by listing what I ate yesterday (Feel free to skip this part, it's more for my own benefit)

Breakfast:
Omelette w/ 1 egg & 2 whites, tomato, avocado, low fat mozzarella & oven roasted turkey breast

Lunch:
Salad w/ Romaine, oven roasted chicken, slivered almonds & Panera poppy seed dressing

Dinner:
6 oz. oven baked chicken breast w/ worcestershire sauce
2 cups steamed broccoli w/ lemon & light salt
Vitamin Zero Orange

Snacks:
2 String Cheese
24 raw almonds
White chocolate raspberry Quest bar
hard boiled egg

Total calories: 1258   Total Fat: 66  Total Carbs: 83  Total Protein: 125  Total Sugar: 17

On paper that looks like a pretty healthy day.  And for me, it really is.  I had zero problems avoiding carbs or sugar (which really surprised me for day 1).  The problem, I found, was eating ENOUGH.  1200 calories is the minimum a woman should be eating to avoid having her body go into starvation mode.  I barely cracked that...and I had to force myself.  With as much as I work out (3 hours total yesterday between weights, zumba and volleyball) I should be eating at LEAST 1500 calories if not more.  But holy crap.  I just couldn't!

I felt like I was eating all day long, and I guess I kind of was.  But because I cut out carbs and fruit, it made it very hard to get in enough calories. One piece of fruit usually knocks out 100 calories by itself and we all know that breads/pastas are also very caloric.  Needless to say I'm feeling frustrated and may just have to accept that this is how the next 2 weeks will be.  I'm grateful that the day went so smoothly, but I'm going to have a hard time with this if I feel like I'm eating to the point I want to vomit and yet still not eating enough.

Funny huh?  Not often you hear someone complain that the diet they're on is making them too full ;)

2 comments:

  1. Are you allowed to have lowfat dairy? I don't know the plan. I ask because when I was having a hard time getting all my points in with Weight Watchers I would drink a glass of milk at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am. I had cottage cheese for breakfast today. Might try the milk tonight. Good idea, thanks!

    ReplyDelete