Thursday, March 20, 2014

South Beach Diet - 3 days down, a lot more to go.

Days 2 and 3 seemed a lot easier as far as getting in enough (well...more) calories. Though I found at the end of both days that my sodium intake was off the charts!!!  Sodium is something that I normally am very careful about because I tend to retain water and sodium affects my Tuesday weigh-in #'s.  I was sure when I stepped on the scale this morning that all that sodium would have my number in the plus column, but I was WAY wrong!  Since starting this diet on Monday, I'm down 5lbs.  In 3 days!!  It's insane. I have never lost weight that quickly (except when I did HCG and if you've read my blog from the beginning you know how horrible that was).

The book told me this would happen.  And I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Cutting out refined carbs, sugar and starchy veggies makes a HUGE difference. I guess I was eating more of them than I realized.  I do realize that this phase is only 2 weeks that that it is in fact part of a healthy, balanced diet to eat fruits and whole grains...but I'll admit that I'm loving the lack of serious cravings and the quick weight loss.  I feel like I'm eating enough...even too much at times...and I have the energy I need to continue with all my workouts.  It's great!

My main reason for doing this diet was to try and get myself closer to that 200lbs barrier and now it's only 10lbs away!  Talk about motivating.  I cannot wait to see a number that starts with "1" showing up on my scale.  I haven't seen that since 1998.  If I can keep up this diet, I might be there sooner than I thought :)

I would highly recommend this diet to anyone who has more than a few lbs to lose or who struggles with horrible cravings like I normally do.  I've fought with my food addiction for a very long time...and while I was still able to lose weight (very very very slowly), every single day was a struggle with those cravings and I kept hitting plateaus every couple of months.  It got very frustrating.  Now...I'm not naive.  I know that I will still struggle in the future.  I will always be a food addict and I will always love baked goods and french fries and cheesy goodness. But when those things come up and I have a bad binge day, I will fall back onto phase one of this diet and I know it will be okay.

1 comment: