Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Accountability...Day 1

One of the main reasons I created "Jilly's Losers" back in 2011 was to give myself accountability on my weight loss journey. Having to weigh in with my friends and post pictures and do challenges made it easier to keep my motivation up. After doing those things for more than 6 years, I guess it shouldn't surprise me that having to do those things doesn't even phase me anymore. Telling people my weight or posting a picture in a sports bra is just another day for me and that's making it hard for me to keep my motivation up for more than a week or two at a time. Needless to say, I'm feeling frustrated.

I made it through January 12th with no sugar and low carb before I headed out on vacation to meet my new, adorable nephew in New Jersey! I actually didn't eat as horribly as I normally would on vacation. My sister and I made some really healthy meals and only ate out twice. I was pretty proud of us. But I still caved on the sugar and ate more carbs than I had been and as has become predictable with me...it triggered another fall off the wagon once I got home. Writing about this stuff is getting old, but at the same time I can acknowledge that over the past 6 years...the times I was doing the best were the times I was consistently writing in my blog and tracking my food on MFP. I'm sure I've said that before as well, but hey...sometimes we forget ;)

All this extra holiday weight really is making me feel like crap. Not because I "feel fat" but because I have less energy, my stomach feels heavy and in knots and I feel on the verge of illness all the time when I'm not fueling my body properly. And yet I keep doing it! (And I know many people who do!) So rather than waiting for "Monday" or "January 1" to roll around again, I'm gonna start today. Again. For the 2098234th time. (Get used to it, I'll be writing entries like this for the rest of my life haha).

So this is day 1. Again. As hard as the ketogenic diet is during those first 2 weeks, I still remember how much I LOVED it once I got going last year and how easy it became. So I just need to fake it till I make it through those first 2 weeks and then I'll be fine. Lucky you, this means (hopefully) daily blog entries again just to help push myself through it. I've got my pepperoni and cheese snacks stocked up, I've made some low-carb/no sugar cheesecake bars for my "treats"  and I've got my pinterest fired up and ready to go.

At this point, it's not even so much about the weight loss that I know will come from doing it (though it's always nice). I am just really tired of feeling gross. No more.

No comments:

Post a Comment