Thursday, January 25, 2018

Day 2...trying to be positive...

Why is it that the first day of anything seems to last FOREVERRRR. I'm proud to say I made it through Day 1 successfully and saw a 2lb drop on the scale this morning...though I know that's just water weight. It's still nice to see that what I'm eating actually does matter and make a difference. I will admit that when I got home at 11pm last night from a volleyball game (which we won, woohoo!) that I ate an entire pint of Halo Top peanut butter ice cream...but I had saved enough carbs to do so, so I don't feel bad in the slightest. I didn't intend on eating the whole thing, but I got so into watching "This is Us" that I didn't realize I'd finished it off, till I did. I'm grateful for keto friendly desserts!

This week in my Jilly's Losers group, I decided to do a body positivity challenge because I'd noticed a lot of people putting themselves down over their weight or their looks or their habits, including me. The timing of this challenge is perfect for me because it's helping me to focus on my WHY again. It's also helping me to remember just how far I've come. Today's challenge was to take a full body picture in an outfit that we feel sexiest or most confident in. In a challenge like this, I know I need to set the example, so I got showered, curled my hair, did my makeup and put on a pair of skinny jeans and a long sleeve top...both of which I'd bought a few months ago at Old Navy to show myself I could fit into a smaller size and that I wasn't in fact "too fat" to wear them! After a tough couple of months with food (freaking holidays!), I wasn't sure I'd be able to get them on today....

...but I did! And I feel good! I told everyone they had to be smiling in their pictures and that they weren't allowed to say ANYTHING negative about them. I'll admit that part was hard for me. I wanted to point out the little bulges and imperfections...but I didn't. I smiled and I owned it. And I'm proud of that. (not proud of the mess on the floor behind me, but I'll get to it haha).

I still have a long way to go with my weight/body fat composition and more clothing sizes to drop...but I have definitely gotten better at loving my body at every stage of this journey. It's strong and it's healthy and it does things I never thought it ever could. So here's to day 2. I'm ready for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment