Monday, January 1, 2018

2018...New year, new blah blah blah, you get the picture...

Last January I wrote a blog similar to this one. I set a lot of goals for myself...and then broke my foot the next day and got set back just a tad. But as I read back over that blog entry today I realized that I actually did a pretty dang good job despite all of that. I got back to exercising for myself (instead of just teaching), I got back into the habit of tracking my food, I wrote more blog entries, and while I didn't reach my goal of 207lbs, I still lost 60lbs from March to October. That's not bad at all.

And then then Halloween hit.

I'm sure most people can tell when things aren't going well for me health/fitness wise because I stop blogging. Needless to say, I spent Halloween to New Years eating all the food. All of it. And man was it gooooooooooood. But by the end of December, I was beyond ready for the influx of goodies and excuses to eat...to be OVER. And now they are. Deep breath in and it's time to move forward!

I know it's cliche to wait until New Years Day to start fresh, but it's a very real mental obstacle. I joked that I would wake up today with renewed motivation and will power....and I was right. I totally did. I woke up at 7:30am on a holiday and went to the gym where I took a 60 minute spin class  and then snuck next door to finish the last 30 minutes of a Pound class. My legs were jello. Then I came home and made myself a low-carb/high protein waffle with berries and cream and started chugging my water. It was like the last few months of carb-maggedon never happened (unless you ask the scale). And it felt great.

It's time to get back into the ketogenic swing of things full time and let it start working again. It worked last year...it will work again. This is the year I am going to see a "1" at the beginning of my weight. It's going to happen. I haven't been under 200lbs since December of 1999 and IT IS TIME people. I am going to stick to keto until it happens. So if we're friends, I'm going to ask that you help me get there...whether that means dragging me to the gym or not being offended when I say "no thank you" to some undoubtedly delicious thing you've made! I need this. I need my body to be in the best shape it can be.

Why? Well...sometime very soon I will officially become a certified Personal Trainer (YAYYY!!) and I'm pretty stinking excited. And while I am in "good" shape, I need to be in far better shape to be effective when it comes to helping other people reach their goals. I need to set a good example. If I'm being honest, I also don't want to be known around the gym as "the fat personal trainer". So I won't be.

So here is my list of goals for 2018, and hopefully I can be as successful as I was in 2017 if not moreso!

1) I will complete my personal trainer certification and have at least 5 regular clients by the end of the year.
2) I will continue tracking my food daily, even on the rough days.
3) I will stick to the ketogenic diet 90%
4) I will exercise at least 2 times a week on top of teaching my own classes and one of those two WILL be strength training.
5) I will weigh 199 or less by 2019
6) Regardless of where my weight stands from week to week, I will be proud of how far I have come and remember that I am more than just a number.

So bring it on 2018. And if you could...please don't toss anymore big injuries my way. I've had serious ones the last two years in a row and I'm kinda over it. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment