Friday, March 11, 2011

Cookie Dough is the Devil

So last night I made chocolate chip cookies. I hadn't baked any in a while and the kids were so good for me yesterday. I needed that...so I wanted to make them a treat. I need to find better ways of rewarding them that don't involve nummy, chocolatey cookie dough within my reach *grumbles* It's always been a weakness of mine. It's easy to resist it when I'm on the drops. Everything is easier to resist. But right now I'm running on sheer will power and it's still a bit low with everything going on.

I did manage to get my girls to go for a walk with me though to get in a little exercise and fresh air. That felt good. I am so excited for warmer weather to set in so that I can do it more often.

Today's off to a good start so far. I got in my eggs and fruit for breakfast and I decided to forgo the bread for this meal cause I know I'll have plenty of carbs later...but hopefully the better kind. The only kind of bread I buy my family anymore is the Sara Lee 45 calorie bread...so at least I don't have to feel guilty when I make a sandwich! Another thing I hadn't been doing was drinking all my water. So I bought some new water bottles and I'm going to get back into drowning myself in H2O.

Just need to take this one day at a time :)

1 comment:

  1. Jill, you have such a great attitude! I agree - more water will help so much! I need to drink more too! I too have struggle with foods as "treats" or "rewards" - I need to come up with something that is not "clutter" to do - but, I was raised with yummy goodies to treat me with - I just have to be creative. Have you read the book Body Clutter? It is great - I have it and need to really get into it - I keep starting and not finishing. It's not a diet, but the behind the scenes of our eating etc - real eye opener for me - maybe you may gain more strength from it too! You keep going - the spring weather will definately be a great motivator!!!

    ReplyDelete