Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Such thing as too much?

So yesterday I did something I haven't done since my high school volleyball tryouts. I did 2 workouts in one day. I was only able to withstand 30 mins on the elliptical yesterday morning...so I did another 45 late last night right before bed and ended up tossing and turning all night with cold sweats. I didn't feel like I'd overdone it yesterday, but with the lack of sleep and soreness, I only managed 20 mins on it this morning before I felt like I was going to collapse. So is there such a thing as too much? I didn't think an hour-ish of cardio was a huge deal. Maybe I'm not ready for that much yet. Who knows. For now I'll slow it back down I guess...long as I'm exercising every day.

4 comments:

  1. Don't give in to that kind of thinking Jill! Watch those people on the Biggest Loser doing 6 and 8 hours a day! You CAN do it. I know you're tired, and you're sore, and your muscles are screaming at you to stop, but don't give up! When it's been 45 minutes, and we're all dead tired, my kickboxing teacher is always saying to us "What if you HAD to?" What if your life depended on it? You have to find that something inside of you that will push you to 110%. If you HAD to, you could stay on that elliptical all day, I know you could. Keep going love! We are all so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wasn't giving into that kind of thinking. I was telling a friend of mine about the cold sweats I'd had all night (and again last night) and they told me that I was overdoing my workouts, so I was more posting the question to get opinions. Thanks for the motivation Chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jill, not sure if you remember me or not, but I am the former Jodi Cook that grew up in the Newport ward, but I was closer in age to your sister Heidi. I found your blog via your comment on Marybeth's blog.

    Anyway, I so can understand, my weight is always up and then down, and the worst part is I am a fitness instructor. I was doing well until I decided to have baby #3 and put on 65lbs, more than double what I gained with my first 2! My theory is because I was used to a 1200 calorie diet and working out 2 hours a day, I couldn't maintain either while pregnant. Anyway, now I am with you on this same journey and while I hate being where I was (I had lost 85 lbs between baby 2 and 3) I see it as the way it has to be and it has been hard to get back eating what I know I should be eating. Hang in there, I know some days are rough, but in the end it will pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jodi! I do remember you actually! Good to hear from you :) I gained most of my weight from babies too, just didn't do so hot at losing any in between! I know what you mean about the food..especially for me when I'm stressed out. I'm still training myself not to use food as comfort. Thanks for your comment, glad you're doing well and congrats on the kiddoes :)

    ReplyDelete