Saturday, January 7, 2017

With a little help from my friends, family and inability to drive....

It's been 4 days since I broke my foot, and I'm happy to report that my eating is still on point! Now...I did send Nathan to Zupas for a protein bowl (kale, quinoa, peppers, black beans, corn, pork, guac) and a bowl of Wisconsin Cauliflower soup on Wednesday, but there was no dessert involved and it was infinitely healthier than a burger and fries. Other than that, we haven't eaten out once and I'm pretty stinking proud of that.

Our friends have been amazing. We've already had 3 meals brought to us and another one coming tomorrow. Nathan is more than capable of putting a meal together but after having to work and be both the mom AND the dad all day long, I know he appreciates when he doesn't have to. He has been amazing. He works from home, which is even more of a blessing now than it has ever been...and he somehow manages to entertain Cooper, change him, feed him, bathe him...all WHILE working. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband.

I have yet to try any sort of upper body strength/cardio workout but I'm waiting until I see the surgeon on Tuesday to see what's going to happen going forward. So my eating really has been my sole focus. And I'll be honest...the fact that it physically pains me to try and get into the kitchen really keeps me from doing so. I also can't drive...so there's no fast food runs for me. I've also instructed my family NOT to bring me pizza or burgers or treats no matter how much pain I may seem to be in or how nice they might think they're being by doing so haha. Thus far, it's been a raging success! So other than the dip in exercise and the meals being cooked by friends instead of myself...I think the goals I set on Monday are still going pretty strong.

I am going a bit stir crazy being stuck either lying in bed or in a recliner all day, but as my good friend, Dee, mentioned....at least I'm warm and cozy and not outside shoveling the sidewalk like my children are right now! I'm hoping to make it to church tomorrow but between the snow coming down and how hard it is for me to get around at the moment that may not happen. Nathan took me out for a drive around Ogden last night to get me out of the house and all that happened was that my motion sickness kicked in and I had a headache on top of everything else. I REALLY miss driving! But on the plus side, I'm making some good headway on Gilmore Girls and I started using YNAB (You need a budget) to make the most of Nathan's next 6 months of his contract.

So...it's not ALL bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment