Saturday, November 27, 2010

Bye bye nummy foods!

I feel...so gross. I ate SO MUCH yesterday that I literally feel like I'm going to explode today. Our turkey dinner was so nummy and normally on Thanksgiving I can clean my plate with the best of them but I got full halfway through! I had to force myself to finish it off and then waited a while before savoring my very last piece of pie for the year. Oh it was so good. Chocolate...my friend..I shall miss you the most haha. So overall, I think my loading days went really well. I kept a food log and counted my calories to make sure that I was over the normal daily calorie amounts and I ate like a champ. My food log was telling me I was eating too much and was going to gain weight. I had to laugh at it. "Yes, I know you stupid thing. And tomorrow you'll tell me I need to eat more!"

So today starts my 500 calorie a day journey. I bought me a little food scale to weigh all my food and today I plan on cooking out lots of chicken and steak to use throughout the week so that I don't have to do it daily. My menu will be pretty boring for the next 3 weeks. Here's how it basically works:

NO BREAKFAST
Mid-morning fruit - 1 apple/orange or handful of strawberries (or grapefruit but grapefruit tastes like rubber bands so no thank you! haha)

Lunch - 3 oz. cooked chicken/steak/fish (i hate seafood so no) & 1 type of vegetable. Not all kinds are allowed. No carrots, corn, etc. I stocked up on broccoli, celery, squash, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes as well as some Walden Farms ranch dressing (it's the only kind I'm allowed..no fat no sugar, etc)

Mid-afternoon fruit - Same as before but it has to be a different one than was had in the morning.

Dinner - Same as lunch but it has to be a different meat and a different veggie than before.

Any remaining calories must be finished off with veggies. I also have to drink about 150 oz. of water a day. And that's it! That's all I get!

Of course it figures that on my very first day of doing this...we're going to a Tracy family Christmas party and we have to bring a big pot of soup and a big dessert..none of which I can partake in. So I'm going to eat before we go and then sit FAR AWAY from the food haha.

Unfortunately I gained back the pound I lost on my first day of loading. I knew I had though after all that I ate last night. But I know that tomorrow when I wake up it will go back down..and I'll never come near the 330 mark again. I can't even begin to express how excited and how serious I am about this. I AM GOING TO BREAK 300 BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!

Time for my mid-morning fruit!!

4 comments:

  1. Go Jill Go!! And good grief, you only gained a lb on your load days?!?! LUCKY GIRL!! You needed to eat more! LOL! J/K Some people just don't gain like others. I gained almost 10 lbs on my load days! haha! Good luck! You're gonna LOVE/WANNA MARRY your scale tomorrow!

    Stay away from the soup and pie! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I seriously ate more than 4,000 calories yesterday. I couldn't eat anymore! I swear I tried!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll get used to it! It does help to not have to go to parties, though :-) I've actually told friends who wanted to do lunch that I could only go to Chick-fil-a where I could have the chargrilled chicken salad (minus the cheese and carrots they throw on) and I bring my own salad dressing. I've done fish out as well with a simple salad and bring my own dressing. I know you don't like fish, but tilapia is a great fish to try (not fishy at all). I sprinkle it with Adobo seasoning (just a little) and broil for about 7-8 minutes. It's really good. C'mon, give it a try. You know you want to! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha... grapefruit does NOT taste like rubber bands.... I eat at least 4 rubber bands a day, so I should know.

    ReplyDelete