Monday, November 29, 2010

Ugh...

I stuck to my diet yesterday just as strictly as the first day. 6 oz. of strawberries for my mid-morning snack. 3 oz. broiled chicken in a bowl of lettuce with Walden Farms dressing for lunch. An orange for my afternoon snack and the same dinner as the night before. 3 oz. of steak and a whole ton of squash. I stepped on the scale this morning....

...and only lost ONE pound. I knew the weight loss would taper off but I didn't think it would be that quickly. I wanted to cry. Yeah..I know on any normal diet, losing 1 pound in a day is a huge deal, but on this one...and after losing 4 the day before..I just feel like I did something wrong.

The only thing that changed yesterday is that I had the mother of all migraines. So I took quite a bit of excedrine/excedrine PM over the course of the day. I think at one point Nathan gave me 2 ibuprofen as well. Maeli had told me that headache medicines were okay to take, but now I'm wondering if maybe they are the reason. What else could it be?

The headache seems to be gone this morning...fingers crossed. It was the worst one I'd had in ages and I'd rather not have a repeat today.

Yesterday I found myself feeling pretty hungry most of the day. I tried keeping my mind off food and ate slowly when it was time to do so. I suppose it didn't help that while I was taking a nap, Nathan made some blt's for the kids and the smell woke me up. He was so sweet, trying to make them while I was sleeping so that the bacon smell wouldn't bother me. But bacon lingers. I am thus banning it until my cycle is over haha. They can go without bacon for 3 weeks. It also didn't help that my children were gloating about their dessert last night and making "mmmm sounds". Silly monkeys. Nathan explained to them about mommy's diet and that it's not nice to make me feel that I'm missing out. So my sweet little Gregory takes another bite of his pie and says "It really wasn't very good mom". At least now all the thanksgiving desserts are out of my house.

Another stress relief is that today, after being off track for a whole month, my kids head back to school. Given..it's only a couple weeks before they're off again for Christmas break. It's been a mad house around here lately with all 3 of them home and the weather too cold for them to play outside for long. Also with Nathan working so much lately and never being home it's all just been a bit overwhelming. So today, I plan to enjoy the quiet!

Although...the quiet may make me just think more about food.

4 comments:

  1. Jill, you have a sweet supportive family! Don't you give up - maybe the meds made you retain fluids - you never know! I hope you don't get anymore of those headaches! Take care! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I will say this more than once, but this diet IS hard. It's a short term thing (21 days for each cycle), but those 21 days suck bad. I'm not gonna lie. You'll have good days, alright days and downright awful days. The key is to keep everything in perspective and remember what you said at the beginning "It's only 21 days! I can do anything for 21 days" and YOU CAN!! I had some of the worst headaches I have ever had the first few days of this diet. Almost bad enough to cause me to quite, but I didn't. The headaches are awful, but they should go away. I've been told (I have MANY MANY friends who have done this diet, plus I'm friends with a distributor of hcg) that the headaches are due to your body de-toxing, etc. It's a major thing for your body to go through. Keep your head up and push through. And next time your kids try to tempt you with there MMMM SOUNDS, smack up side the head for me and pop a piece of gum. No really, don't hit them, but DO chew gum! It was my lifesaver. Technically, you can only have Trident as it is the only gum with an approved sweetener, but I chewed Extra and it was awesome. They have new dessert flavored gums and they are DELICIOUS! Mint chocolate chip ice cream is one of my favorites. I also liked the Key Lime Pie. If you fear that, stick with the Trident. It works as well! They have a lot of great flavors. Alright, I've written a novel. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jen. I think you're going to be my lifesaver in this thing haha. The headaches are killing me :( But I still haven't waivered...just hate feeling so crappy. I can do this dangit! I'll try the gum, hopefully that will help cause I'm goin crazy.

    ReplyDelete