Sunday, November 28, 2010

HOLY CRAP!!!

I know in most diets they tell you, "don't weigh yourself every day", but in the hcg diet you have to. Your progress is so fast and you need to keep track of it as well as what foods cause you to stall, should that happen. So I stepped on the scale this morning after my first 500 calorie day/night...and I lost....

.....wait for it......
.....FOUR POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap! I mean seriously. I was so shocked I weighed myself twice to be sure. 326.5 baby!! I was so pumped up I couldn't go back to sleep haha. Too much adrenaline. My friend Jen was right....I want to marry my scale today. Man, that feels so good. The question is though..is every day going to be like this or was the first one just a fluke to get me hyped up? Who cares, I lost four pounds!

The Christmas party last night was SO HARD..but I survived it! Everyone brought these homemade soups and chili that smelled SO GOOD I thought it was going to kill me! I mean c'mon...who doesn't like a hot bowl of chili with cheese and sour cream on top? *drools* And then...they had a dessert table. I stayed away from it until Emma needed help getting her cupcake but then I saw it...the pies..the chocolate peanut butter brownies. I wanted to cry. But somehow I managed to stay strong. Even when I got butter on my finger from buttering my daughter's roll, I wiped it back on her roll and didn't lick my finger! I'm a whole different person and it's kinda scary!

My mother-in-law saw me doing a word finder puzzle that they'd set out for all the kids to play and asked why I wasn't eating. So I got to explain the whole diet to her. She asked why in the world I'd start it that day of all days. I said well..I want to finish this cycle before Christmas and Thanksgiving was a perfect loading day! She felt bad eating in front of me. But I told her it was okay...I had steak at home waiting for me! I had decided to wait to eat dinner until after the party because we had to leave so early. I didn't want to come home and starve the rest of the night. Glad I did. Broiled steak and yellow summer squash....ohhhh man it was so good. Worth missing all the soups.

Luckily I don't feel like I'm starving, but I do feel hungry. I'm going to just deal with it though and trust that within a few days it will get to that point everyone tells me about where I'm having to force those 500 calories down my throat. The only thing I'm having trouble with is my water intake. Maeli told me to drink half my weight in ounces. That's 150 oz! I only got up to 80 oz. yesterday and I was still peeing constantly!!! It drove me crazy! Oh well, maybe today I can manage another 20 on top of that.

At this point, I feel like I can do anything. And I'm SO excited to see where this takes me. Now if only I could celebrate with a giant Milky Way bar......

6 comments:

  1. GOod Job Jill!! I hope things work out for ya!! It's so hard (as a mom) to lose weight. :/ Soon this will all be over an dyou will be feeling great!!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME JOB Jill!! And no, it's not a fluke. You will continue to see the scale go down like that especially in the first few days. Then, it may taper off a bit (may get a stall), but just know it WILL still come off if you keep at it. Once you're in this diet, it's hard to remember how long it usually takes to lose because you get used to it coming off fast. So, when it stops or doesn't come off as fast, you can get frustrated. YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE! I was one of those people until my friend pointed out I had lost 12 lbs in 5 days. Then I'm like, oh ya. That IS awesome. You have to keep reminding yourself of this b/c you'll get in a mode after first few days of losing a lot each day and then you'll get like a 1.2 or .4 loss and be like "what the heck?!" Just remember you'll lose in a stairstep fashion and you CAN do this!! Just keep going! You'll be SO happy you did! Great job in staying away from all that food! Yum! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Jilly! I'm so proud of you! I just keep telling myself two things. 1) If I don't do this now, when will I do it and how much weight would I have to lose. 2) You can do anything one day (or one hour) at a time! Way to go! You'll pass me up soon. I lost 11.5 in 13 days and now it's really slowing down so I'm taking Jen's advice! Thanks Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys, I'm glad to have a heads up of what's coming so I don't get depressed over it haha. I'm gonna stick to it if it kills me though...but man do I really want some chocolate right now *sighs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill - you are amazing! I cried reading your post about the Christmas party - you are so STRONG! I have celiac and food allergies and major restrictions, I don't like gatherings with food - some days I'm stronger than others - Stay Strong - it will be all worth it. Just as what was said, one day at a time, even one hour at a time. Keep you eyes on the goal and all your progress - just what you've done so far is wonderful! Theresa Corbett

    ReplyDelete