Friday, November 26, 2010

Ugh, I have to load...again?

After I forced lunch down my throat yesterday I thought to myself, "I cannot possibly get enough calories today...I'm so freaking full!" I don't normally eat breakfast anyway (which yes, I know is bad...and I'm trying to retrain my body) so after I'd had a full breakfast, the idea of eating a ham sandwich, a handful of grapes, a handful of cheetos and a glass of milk made me want to vomit. But I managed it. Even after all of that I was still only halfway through the calories I'm supposed to be consuming on my loading days. So I went all out for dinner. Made my mom's Venetian Noodles recipe with TONS of cheese (since I'll be missing that for the next 21 days) and made a chocolate cake for dessert. Oh how I will miss chocolate.

Another important thing on this diet is fluid intake. Not only does it help keep you full but it cleans out your system. Maeli told me, "You're going to hate me when you're getting up to pee every 2 hours at night but drink LOTS of water!! When you start to say "I hate Maeli for this!" remember...you're peeing fat! So...you can go to the bathroom and then say "YAY! I just lost another pound!" hahaha. I really like Maeli, she cracks me up.

So today is our Thanksgiving dinner (since Nathan had to work all day yesterday). Hopefully loading will be easier today because I know all that good Turkey and potatoes will have plenty of calories. Loaded with gravy of course. I'm getting nervous about tomorrow though. I have to go out (on black friday of all days) and get me a food scale today so that I can measure all my food from now on. Portion size is critical during phase 2 (the 21 day 500 calorie part). I'll get more into that tomorrow when I start it.

So this morning I stepped on my scale expecting to have gained a pound or two after all that I ate yesterday and I was still down a pound! As nervous as I am about the drop in calories tomorrow, it makes me SO excited to see how many pounds start to come off and how quickly. I am determined to get below 300 lbs before I fly to Florida on Christmas night to see my family. Of course, while I'm there I'll probably eat terribly with all that yummy Christmas fudge and toffee my mother is famous for but hopefully by then I will have learned some restraint haha.

I want to thank my friend, Christina, for telling me all about hcg back when she started it. I wish I could have gotten into it sooner but I'm excited to finally start. You're an inspiration to me girly and I'm so proud of you! I hope to have as much success as you.

Well, I've downed my huge bowl of raisin bran and peach yogurt..now I've gotta go find me some more almonds to shove down my throat. I never thought being forced to eat this much would be so hard! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it ironic? Ya, you get SO excited for the load days and then you are full! That's what the hcg does. It's crazy! But ignore that and EAT EAT EAT!! You'll be happy you did! Eat more even when you think you're full. It will make the first few days a lot easier if you do. I'm not saying it's going to be easy because it's not, but loading well eases the hardship of it all. I got a horrible headache the 1st two days and was STARVING, but after about 3 days or so, it started to get easier. Once into it all, I could hard bring myself to eat the required 500 calories. I literally was not hungry. But remember you NEED to eat those 500 calories even if not hungry or you won't be as successful and you will probably stall. Good luck Jill! I know you can do this!
    Oh and you probably will be tempted by the yummy Christmas treats in Florida, but you will notice you will have a different mind frame and you won't eat as much even when you do eat those type of things as long as you follow protocol to the T during those 21 days and maintenance! I'm so excited for you :) I can't wait to start another round Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill! I am excited to watch your progress! I fully expect to be amazed and motivated by your success. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And...those yummy Christmas treats I'll be making? Yeah, you and me kid are limiting ourselves to one - that's if we even want them by then! :-) And we'll take nice walks on the beach!

    ReplyDelete