Friday, February 11, 2011

The Maintenance Gain

So today was my weigh in day and as I expected, I gained about 4 lbs. This happened last time I started maintenance too, but this time..I'd kinda cheated haha. There was about a 2 day period where I basically just ate whatever was on hand or was ordered because we hadn't been shopping. My stomach hated me for it, but my tastebuds were so happy! I'll take the 4 lbs.

Last night we went food shopping though and today it's back to the grind! Cottage cheese w/ peaches (or at least what my kids didn't steal from my bowl) for breakfast and then 45 minutes on my elliptical machine. I'm feeling good and ready to go! We bought a whole bunch of nummy AND healthy foods yesterday so no more excuses. Well okay, just one excuse. Today is my Ariana's 7th birthday so tonight we're going to Chuck E. Cheese. Enough said.

I'm still trying to avoid sugar for the most part, but I'm being a bit more flexible this time around. We bought lots of whole wheat foods like crackers and tortillas and TONS of produce! Since I'll be off this hcg diet for a few months I've decided to just slowly integrate things that are healthy for EVERYONE into our daily routines. Not just for me and Nathan. From now on my kids will only be eating whole wheat bread, for example. My 11 year old is a bit on the large side for his age and that boy can EAT! So hopefully this will help him as well. I don't want him to have to live the same life I did, with body image issues and whatnot.

So here's to another start and hopefully back on the weight loss wagon!

No comments:

Post a Comment