Tuesday, February 1, 2011

To quit or not to quit...

Having 3 sick kids has finally caught up with me. I feel like rundown crap. Not actually vomiting (yet...my kids all did) but I'm pretty sick. So the question is..do I stop the drops early and work some calories back into my diet or do I push through it? Stopping the drops today, I'd still need 2 days to get them out of my system in order to avoid gaining weight back when I eat. Or I could just suck up the couple of pounds and just eat what I need to.

The stubborn part of me wants to just suck it up and keep going for a few more days, but the smart part of me knows that if I don't get some food in me, I might be sick longer than I would otherwise. But I also know that part of me just wants to quit so that I can eat. Ugh..stupid illness, why couldn't you wait a few more days! At least I was down another .8 today.

3 comments:

  1. What does Maeli say about continuing while you're sick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, if you have the flu I had, you are way better off doing what you are doing and eat very, very little each time. It took me over 4 days before I could eat any amount resembling a small meal. I lost 8 lbs the first day. Now, I don't like that I had to get really sick for it, but.... there always has to be a silver lining! lol Take care of yourself - I am sorry that this flu has hit your family. Keep up your strength! You are doing great!!!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the problem isn't so much the food, since I'm not feeling hungry anyway. But most OTC medications that would help ease the symptoms have things in them that would interact negatively with the hcg anyway. So it's either suffer without any meds to get through it, or stop taking the drops and worry about how I'm feeling instead. I stopped taking the drops after my first dose this morning. I decided it's only 4 days early and I'll still be going to a healthy diet/exercise regime anyway. Hopefully this was the right decision, but I just feel so crappy it's not worth it at this point. If I'd still been in week 1 or 2 I'd have just stuck it out.

    ReplyDelete