Monday, April 10, 2017

Days 36-40...Xrays, workouts, muffins and burritos!

The biggest news of the past few days was my 12 week post-op visit to my surgeon!

(xray on left from 4/6/17---xray on right from 6 weeks prior)

He was very impressed with the healing my bone has done and says I don't need anymore xrays. The placement of my break was one that is normally extremely hard to heal (hence the screw I had to get put in) and he says I've pretty much made it out in the least amount of time possible. That was pretty great to hear. I'm hoping to start teaching again in 2 weeks when he's given me clearance to start adding some impact back into my routine! That also means I get to prepare for returning to my volleyball team this season which I can't wait for! I have really missed playing. I'm hoping that all of this means I can start to get back into a more rigorous workout routine each week. I still struggle with a bit of pain every day, so I will have to keep listening to my body, but I'm getting there.

My workouts lately have consisted of zumba once a week and pilates. I got to do pilates this past friday with my good friend Amy and it really pushed me harder, which I love. There is nothing like having a workout buddy! It's been so great to feel soreness the past few weeks. I really need to up my strength training again. I've been losing weight the past month without too much exercise, but for sanity's sake, I need to get more of it.

On Saturday we decided to go check out IKEA as a family. I hate to admit this, but I had NEVER been there before. I had kind of built it up in my head after all I'd heard about it and then came out pretty disappointed. At least I got in a lot of steps due to the bizarre layout of the store that forces you to walk its entire perimeter just to get back out. But being there all afternoon meant needing to stop to eat before making the drive back home. One of my biggest triggers in the past for unhealthy eating has always been driving in certain areas because they have some of my favorite restaurants. Usually I have no control when I eat out either. Nathan and I LOVE Freebirds World Burrito and since the closest one is near IKEA...my craving was overwhelming. So we went. But instead of gorging on chips and queso and having a whole burrito by myself, I shared a burrito and a salad with Nathan. I did go over my carbs by about 10g, but that's still pretty good if I do say so myself. I really don't think I'll ever be without cravings for SOMETHING.

I've become a bit obsessed with the "treat" recipes my fellow keto friends have given me in the past week. Chocolate PB fat bombs (agave, unsweetened 100% dark cacao, natural pb & coconut oil), strawberry cheesecake fat bombs...and now blueberry muffins. I wish Almond flour weren't so expensive because I'm starting to use it more often. The blueberry muffins definitely hit the spot and were very low carb! I am still learning to bake with Stevia though and need to cut back on it a bit next time. It's far more potent in its sweetness than sugar is! I have to wonder though if these "Treats" are affecting me on the scale because I've been stagnant for the past 5 days. It may just be the fact that I had 3 weeks of fairly decent losses and now my body is taking a break, but I really don't know the reason. I may have to try cutting the treats back out soon if the plateau doesn't break. I guess we'll see.

Almost 6 weeks down! I can't believe we're almost to the halfway mark. My girls are still staying strong on the no sugar front and have fallen in love with the chocolate peanut butter fat bombs since they're the closest thing to a treat they've had in ages! I don't know that I'd be doing so well without their strength pushing me. Cause man...sometimes I just really want a freaking donut.

No comments:

Post a Comment