Wednesday, April 26, 2017

8 weeks, some inches and lots of lbs DOWN!

On one hand I can't believe I've already gone 8 whole weeks with NO sugar and with only a couple of slightly higher carb days. On the other hand....HOW HAS IT ONLY BEEN 8 WEEKS??? UGH! I can honestly say that I have no problem saying no to the sugar anymore. I don't even have to hem and haw about it before saying no. Probably because I'm not allowing myself ANY...so it's an easy answer. But with the carbs, I'm allowed to have a certain amount per day which means it's harder to say no to the ones that I love. I managed to fit a fried mozzarella stick and 1 tiny onion ring into my macros yesterday and was pretty proud of that...but I have to be careful. Those things can trigger a binge for me if I'm not careful. Luckily my kids had already eaten the rest and that's all that was left, which made it easy haha.

So...8 weeks down and I now weigh in at 265.6! Down 18.5lbs from when I started keto/no sugar on March 1st, 2017 and 65lbs below my heaviest. I am determined to see that overall total get back up over 100lbs lost! 18.5lbs in 2 months is pretty exciting for me. I don't remember the last time I saw numbers that good. As far as inches go...I have to admit I was hoping to see more drastic results, but while I've only lost 7 inches (over the past 8 weeks) it feels like more. My jeans are starting to fit again and my sports bras aren't cutting off my air haha. So at least I know SOMETHING is happening.

I'm going to start adding back in some more strength workouts now to try and help with the toning process while I'm losing. I'm excited to go back to Barre Fusion this morning and have given my foot a stern talking to about behaving. I usually do the class barefoot with everyone else so fingers crossed I don't have to slip into my sneakers. It feels good to be going back to the gym on an almost (week)daily basis. I know it won't be too long before I feel like I'm back in shape again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment