Monday, April 24, 2017

Days 50-55...Eating out and TEACHING MY OWN CLASS AGAIN! YAY!

I'm going to skip to the end first cause I'm too excited to wait. Today...I got to return to teaching :) I literally just got home (and showered, so I'm not dripping sweat onto my laptop) from the gym and I...AM...BEAT! Last night I slept like it was the night before Christmas...so basically...I didn't. And when I did, I had weird dreams. You'd think I'd never taught a class before, but I was seriously terrified. And all morning I had butterflies and a giant pit in my stomach. I was excited to get back to what I love, but scared too. I was afraid my foot wouldn't be able to handle it (it did), I was afraid I'd forget my choreography (I didn't) and I was afraid I was too out of shape (I was...). I am SO grateful that my dear friend and fellow instructor, Dee, was there to teach the last 25 minutes of class because I really did start to struggle. I couldn't catch my breath and felt a bit dizzy and as per usual, my face was red as a tomato (and still is an hour later). I had forgotten how HARD it is to yell out cues while dancing at the same time. I've been working out more the past couple of weeks, but it's obvious that I still need to do some healing and work on my endurance...because holy crap. I don't know how I will teach the whole 60 minutes next week!

I felt so blessed today though. I was afraid no one would show up for my class, but I ended up with 12...which is GREAT! And the best part was that one of my very best friends in the world, Kate Sweitzer, came to my class for the very first time. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends who support me when they know I need it the most. And the girl's got some moves! It meant the world to me to have her there along with all of my other wonderful students who were understanding of my limitations and just made the class FUN. I truly truly missed it and it feels good to be back.

Okay now backing up a bit haha. On Friday night our girls were out babysitting, so I went to dinner with all of my boys! Eating out has become kind of a game for me the past couple of months. It's kind of fun trying to find something on the menu that is low carb, but that I will still enjoy. We went to Outback Steakhouse and I strictly forbid the purchase of a bloomin' onion or aussie fries because I just don't have the strength to say no to those hahaha. But I did get the Alice Springs Chicken with some grilled asparagus and WOW! Was it always that good??? Chicken breast with bacon, sauteed mushrooms which normally I HATE) and melted cheese over the top with a little honey mustard for dipping. I'm sure I was making inappropriate happy noises with each bite, but it was amazing. Being able to enjoy eating out like that definitely saves me from giving up or feeling left out. I will definitely be trying to make something like that at home, though I doubt it will be nearly as good.

Another big milestone for me this weekend was going for a walk with Nathan, Cooper and our dog (Otto). Since breaking my foot, I hadn't done more walking than I would do in a grocery store...and it was always pretty painful by the time I was finished. But we went for a 2 mile walk and while it was slow...I didn't want to cry when it was over. My physical therapist would be so proud lol. I don't imagine I'll be doing any running anytime soon (mostly because I hate it and running is stupid....Sorry to my runner friends! hahaha)...but at least I'm getting to be outside and enjoy walks with my family again...even if I do have to ice my stupid foot after everything I do. At least I'm doing stuff.

Life is good again and I'm loving where it's headed :) I'm grateful that I found the strength to start doing Keto 2 months ago because I know that getting back to the gym would've been 10 times harder if I hadn't lost the weight I have thus far and I know there's more coming off every week! Baby steps are starting to get bigger and I love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment