Thursday, April 20, 2017

Week 7 results and a little bit of volleyball!

Week 7 was pretty anti-climactic weight wise. I was up 0.6lbs for the week, but considering my "dessert" binge (I put it in quotes because a friend informed me that if it has no sugar you cannot call it dessert haha) and a few carb-heavy days...I'm not really surprised. I'm already down much more than that today after getting right back on track :)

I may still have the occasional bad day, but I know I'm improving when I'm right back on task the next day and my binge doesn't turn into a week long pity party that spirals into a depression I can't get out of. So I'm calling this one a win :)

Season 30 of Jilly's Losers started and my team of 4 is made up of some of the most amazing women I've had the pleasure of knowing. We all met in Zumba class and they have each played a huge role in motivating me over the past few years. I'm lucky to have such amazing women who I know will push me to be my best self over these next 8 weeks. The final weigh-in for season 30, however, falls 1 week after my planned birthday indulgence. I'm seriously considering "postponing" my birthday a week just so that I don't negatively impact my team due to copious amounts of sugar. But we'll see.

Last night...I got to play volleyball for the first time since December!! When I broke my foot on January 3rd, I was less than a week away from starting a new season with my amazing team, The Bombers...or as we've affectionately renamed ourselves due to a typo in our group text...The Perky Boobers. Yeah...we're super fun and you're jealous ;) So I spent our winter season cheering my team on from the sidelines, which was hard to do. But last night I finally got to rejoin them on the court for our first game of the spring season. My surgeon cleared me to start building up to jumping, so I had to keep my feet on the ground...but I still played. Another week or two and I should be back to full form. Unless you play volleyball, you can't understand how hard it is to NOT jump. Especially when you're up at the net...and the other team passes the ball too hard and it comes right over the top of the net and you know you could jump up and just wail it back in their faces..... *sigh*. I gave into the urge once and maybe got about an inch off the ground...but after a scolding from my teammates, I made more of an effort to stay down haha. We didn't win, but it was a good workout, a TON of fun...and it just felt good to know that my body is healing to where I can almost be back to normal again.

Getting back to normal has me a bit nervous though if I'm being honest. I'm terrified of injuries now. This was my 2nd big injury in 12 months and I know if I have another one then I'm going to have to seriously reconsider some things. I'm also terrified to teach my first class in 4 months! I need to remind myself of my choreography so that I don't look like a complete newbie come Monday. But I've missed it...and I'm excited despite my nerves. This has been the longest 4 months and I long for the day when I no longer have to worry about how much my foot hurts as I'm living my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment