Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Week 5 results!

Not too much new to report since I wrote a couple days ago, but I'm excited to report that I lost another 2.4lbs this week! That brings my 5 week total to 14.1. I'm pretty happy about it! It still frustrates me to no end that I am still 1 pound over my weight at 9 months pregnant in December 2014, but I know this downward trend will continue and before long that # will be in my rear view mirror.

People keep telling me they can't believe I've gone 5 weeks without sugar and sticking to the ketogenic plan. They say "I could never do that!" 9 times out of 10. 6 weeks ago...that was me. I've watched several friends lose pound after pound after pound doing keto and I always thought "good for them, but they're crazy. I could never do that." Obviously...I can. I just didn't want to. I didn't want to stop eating those things...cause well...they're really good! But I finally realized I NEEDED to. I don't know that I could have lasted this long if I'd told myself I could NEVER have those things again...but I will never be that extreme. But knowing that 2 months from today I will get to have a scone with melted honey butter and some birthday cake makes it a lot easier to say no to those things for a little while.

I've become a big believer in focusing on the short term. The small picture. The big picture just gets too overwhelming sometimes. And I'm okay with that. Goals are goals and I intend to reach mine...a few months at a time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment