Friday, May 20, 2011

Facing the music...or the scale

As someone pointed out to me (thanks Julie!) I haven't posted here in a couple days. I tend to avoid it when I know I'm screwing up...which isn't a good idea. Writing here and being accountable help me to get back on track. The last 3 days have been stressful, depressing...and without proper diet food in the house, you tend to resort to eating things you shouldn't. All 3 days I started out strongly...then all 3 nights I caved. So the scale punished me for it.

HCG is not very forgiving to messups because when you eat things you shouldn't while taking the drops..you actually gain weight a lot faster. So in 3 days I gained back about 6 pounds. My own fault.

Today I'm going strong again and intend to keep doing so. I know I can do this. I've done it before. Food is just harder to resist under stress I guess. Luckily I have just one more week on the drops before I switch over to maintenance and then I can ease some other foods I'm craving (like bread!) back into my diet. ONE MORE WEEK JILL! My weight loss won't be as great as I was hoping for this cycle, but as long as I'm down from where I started, it's a good thing. Right?

2 comments:

  1. there is a study that proves when you have more than seven things in your head you make terrible decisions. it goes like this; study participants were given 2-7 numbers to memorize and walk down a hall and tell their numbers to the scientists waiting on them. thats it. just remeber your numbers. however, down the hall they encounter a woman with snacks to offer as a thank you. they can have either fruit or chocalate cake. so here's what happened. the people with 7 numbers ALWAYS chose the cake. The people with 2 numbers overwhelmingly chose the fruit. not always, but most of the time. there is something in your mind when you are holding 7 things in your head that makes you choose emotionaly not rationally. So don't beat yourself up over making poor food choices when you are stressed. maybe realizing that it is not you, its your brain, will make it easier to choose next time? hope this helped. keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work - as you see from my posts I have everyone tell me not to cave - I say I am going to be strong and then I pig out.. I torture myself and get on that scale to see I gained 3 pounds in a day and a half.. well today is a new day.. just like you and we can only move forward. Look at how much you have lost so far.. keep it up and don't forget how much support you have around you.

    ReplyDelete