Wednesday, March 29, 2017

4 weeks down and I'm still alive!!!

It's been almost a month and things have pretty much become routine for me, which I'm extremely grateful for. It's also the reason I'm not blogging as often. There's just not that much to say!  This past week had a few temptations, but I managed them without any problems. I still find myself occasionally daydreaming about bread or a big piece of cake with TONS of frosting...but it passes pretty quick and I know I'll get to have those things again in 2 more months!

I've decided that once my birthday comes, I'm going to change up how I'm doing this. A good friend of mine at church is doing this same kind of low-carb diet with her husband and the two of them have one night a week where they have a 6 hour carb window. They eat bread, have dessert or whatever and then move right back into their low-carb routine. I think that sounds totally doable for me. I'll have to see how my body reacts to it, but I refuse to say I'll never eat bread again. But for now...2 more months with NO sugar and no bread!!

So...after 4 weeks, I've lost 11.7lbs! I'm pretty happy with that. I think it would have been slightly more, but I'm rather bloated at the moment if ya catch my drift (Sorry!). But I did take my measurements yesterday and since 2/6/17 (which is 3 weeks before I started keto, but it's the only measurements I could find)...I have lost about 3" over my body. It's not as much as I'd like to see, but considering I haven't worked out much since then I'll take it. I know things will ramp up more once I'm back to building muscle again. It's a slow process to regain all that was lost over the past 3 months.

So things are going well and I'm excited to see how the next month goes. If I can keep up this pace, breaking 200 by the end of the year is totally doable! Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment