Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Week 2 over...Tucanos, Zumba and the stupid scale...

This is going to be super short, because I'm headed to work in a bit...but also because I'm just cranky and tired of feeling like this is pointless.

Monday, Nathan and I gave Tucanos another shot and while the service was extremely slow and not the most friendly we've ever had, it was a success as far as my keto stuff goes. I managed to only hit the salad bar once and only have ONE of the brazilian cheese bites. And then it was meat meat meat. Felt good to eat out, indulge a bit and still stay within my macros.

Tuesday I went to Zumba to see where I'm at as far as healing and getting back to work. It was fun to be there and to "dance" with my friends, but it's obvious I still have a long way to go. My right leg especially is weak and unable to balance and I was in pain halfway through. So while most of it was just step-touching it felt like...at least it was something. While I didn't eat a single thing until noon, I still managed to get in close to 1600 calories for Tuesday. I had a giant fajita salad for dinner with steak and greens and onions/peppers, cheese, sour cream and guac. It was delicious as always. Under 30g of carbs for the day which seems to be getting easier and easier to do.

And the biggest success...2 full weeks with no sugar.

But despite feeling like I'm totally rocking this new lifestyle, the scale continues to inch up. I saw 279 this morning and I still feel like I'm retaining a lot of water. Everyone who has experience with this low-carb stuff says to give it at least 3 weeks to see real results so I'm trying to be patient, but today I'm just pissed. Not giving up. Just...pissed. Just keep swimming I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment