Sunday, March 26, 2017

Days 22 - 25...it's all a good blur!

I waited too long to write this, which means I can't really remember what happened/how I felt on each individual day...but I do know this. I didn't slip up...even when I REALLY wanted to.

Physical therapy this week was tough. I'm having some muscle/tendon pain around my injury site again and it's rather frustrating. Just when I feel like things are really improving and my walk is almost back to normal...I am forced to limp again. I have 2 more PT sessions before worker's comp would have to approve more and I don't know that they will...so I'm really hoping they help.

The toughest food day for me was probably on Friday. My 10 year old hurt her foot/ankle on the trampoline the week before and it still wasn't healing so we spent TWO HOURS at the doctor having it checked out/x-rayed only to be told it's just a nasty sprain and she's gotta keep using her crutches and boot as she already had been. I hadn't eaten breakfast before her appointment since I usually try to keep all my meals between 11-7, so by the time we finished at 12:30, I was ravenous. She asked for Subway on the way home, which meant I had my sweet onion chicken teriyaki salad. But at only about 200 calories, it didn't hold me for long. I had PT not long after I made it home and then a date with Nathan for pedicures, so I became hangry all over again amidst all the chaos with not a single snack to tide me over. Luckily the pedicures were just what I needed to help calm me down and instead of grabbing a burger and fries on our way home like I REALLY wanted...we picked up a whole bunch of ribs from Famous Dave's for us and the kids to have at home. I of course ended up WAY under my calories for the day, but I didn't cave to the cravings, which to me was more important that day.

So overall things are going well :) I'm getting better at bringing my own snacks/treats to places where I know there will be food I might not be able to have and it really helps. I also tried a new recipe for pizza crust made out of chicken that was so good even my kids inhaled it! It didn't make me stop missing a good stuffed crust pizza, but it eased the craving enough to get through the day.

I can't believe it's almost been a whole month. People still think the girls and I are nuts for doing this...and some days I do too...but thus far it's been totally worth it. It's especially nice to be losing weight even though I'm barely working out compared to what I'm used to.

I really need to get in better shape quick though or teaching is going to kill me haha. It may be time to just do the workouts I really don't want to..but can...like a spin class or a lap swim in the pool. Man I miss Zumba :( 2 more weeks until I see my surgeon. Fingers crossed my pain is gone by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment