Sunday, March 19, 2017

Days 17&18...Good friends, parties and movies!!

I'm writing this two days later and I'm still feeling Day 17 (Friday)!! I had physical therapy AND did 45 minutes of pilates and 2nd day soreness is no joke!! I shouldn't be surprised that the most sore part of my body is my right calf. My PT commented on how tight my calf is after not using it for 2 months and it seemed no amount of stretching was helping. But he still pushed me through several minutes of leg press and calf raises...all things that used to be easy for me and now aren't. He also rather enjoyed having me balance on my injured leg while he stood behind me trying to gently knock me off balance. At least my walk is starting to look more like a walk and less like a limp. Now if only the pain would go away once and for all!

Friday night we went to a goodbye party for some very dear friends of mine who are moving out of the country. On the menu for everyone was taco salads, because I have AMAZING friends who took me into consideration. The only ingredient I had to give up was the chips! Of course passing on the s'mores around the fire was a bit harder, but I still managed it. S'mores will always be there. They're not going anywhere...but my friends are :(  It felt great to make the party about the people and socializing instead of about the food...and to go home NOT feeling guilty about what I ate!

Saturday was nice and lazy. I made waffles for the kids and made a 2 carb waffle for myself (1 scoop protein powder, 1 raw egg, pinch of baking powder & water) so that I felt like I wasn't missing out. I'm really starting to love these waffles. It's nice to feel like I'm having one of my favorite breakfasts while still getting 30g of protein in the process. Oh...and bacon. Lots of bacon. Man, I love bacon. Good thing it's totally Keto friendly!

In the afternoon, I took my girls on a date to see Beauty and the Beast! I packed some macadamia nuts, a pepperoni stick and a babybel for my snacks and even had 1 cup of movie theater popcorn since I'd made sure to save enough carbs for it! Who knew a movie could be enjoyable without milk duds, frozen jr. mints and diet coke?? The movie was wonderful. Even better than I expected. And I highly recommend it. With or without sugar ;-)

So...I'm holding off on posting my actual weight until week 3 is over, but the downward trend has continued for several days now and I'm feeling better about things. I'm hoping it keeps moving for a while before I plateau out again. That keto "whoosh" is a real thing afterall! I really do wish I had tried this out sooner, but it honestly terrified me. I didn't think I could do it. I was afraid of failing. But regardless of the scale, I'm realizing that it's impossible to "fail" when you cut out sugar. It's only been 2 1/2 weeks and I can feel a huge difference. Hopefully my kids can too.

No comments:

Post a Comment