Monday, March 6, 2017

Day 5, fast Sunday...

Day 5 was a bit different because it was fast Sunday.  What this meant is that I abstained from food & water for 2 meals...so I had to plan a bit differently for the day. I made my favorite chicken chili in the crockpot while we were gone and despite being so hungry by dinnertime, still only enjoyed a single bowl with some cheddar cheese and light sour cream on top. And I didn't make corn bread this time!! I don't think I could have resisted it, so I just didn't make any. No one else seemed to notice ;)
For "dessert", I cut up a HUGE bowl of gorgeous strawberries and since my girls are doing no sugar with me and suddenly saw Strawberries as the most delicious treat in the world...that bowl was gone in less than 2 minutes. It's amazing how much sweeter fruit tastes when you give up other forms of sugar and your taste buds adjust.

One of the hard things about fast Sunday was not getting a start on my water until the afternoon. I like to drink 80-100oz a day and to not start on that until 3pm was HARD. I think I managed about 60...and with the sodium from the chili I am definitely feeling a difference the morning after. Water is SO important and I think so many people forget that.

At the end of the day, I went to complete my food journal on myfitnesspal.com and it wouldn't even let me. Instead it gave me a lecture about eating less than 1000 calories (I was just under 800) and said it wouldn't reward me for it by posting that I'd completed my journal and been under my calories on the main wall for all to see lol. I can totally understand this and think it's a good way to make sure people eat enough...but it still made me chuckle to see that. I have NEVER seen it before in all the years I've been tracking my food. Eating enough has never been my problem. Oddly enough, I still felt plenty full!

This morning, however, when I weighed in to see how day 5 affected me, it was the first time all week that the scale hadn't changed from one day to the next. I'm sure that uh...mother nature's visit is playing a role in that but I also feel as though the lack of water and not eating enough may have made a difference. It will be interesting to see what the scale does on my official weigh-in day for my group (always Tuesdays) after 6 days of completely clean, sugar-free and low carb eating. Hard to believe it's only been 5 days though. At least it hasn't been horrible. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment