Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Day 20 (Monday)...Foot frustration and sushi...

Since I don't feel ready to go back to Zumba at the gym for a full 60 minutes yet, I decided to do it in my kitchen to my own choreography and see how far I got. I made it 30 minutes before not only was my foot sore, but I was beyond out of breath and my heart was racing. It was the way I used to feel when I first started working out. The good news is that my salsa looked more like a salsa and I can cha-cha without having to take out one of the "cha's" so it looks more like zumba and less like big, chunky white girl having a fit. It felt good to just dance. But it's beyond frustrating how much muscle and endurance I lost in those few months I was off my feet. I'm hoping it will come back quicker than that because I need to be able to teach soon and I'm still not even close to ready.

To make matters worse, I decided it was a good idea to take my daughter shopping at Walmart and after more than an hour of her trying on clothes, I was near tears and basically balancing on one foot. She kept asking me if I was okay as I limped up to the checkout stand and out to the car. She tried to help me, bless her heart. So needless to say I spent the rest of the day with my foot up on ice. But I need this to stop! It feels after 30 minutes the way your feet would normally feel after spending 12 hours standing in lines at Disneyland or something. I'm tired of being patient.

My husband and I had decided that our oldest needed some mom and dad time alone, so we took him to dinner anywhere he wanted last night. His choice. I knew this was a dangerous game, but I wanted him to enjoy it...so he picked Sushi Ya. I wasn't at all surprised, though I had hoped he'd pick somewhere with a bit more of a variety so that I could stick to my low-carb plan. I let the boys eat their all you can eat sushi and I ordered sesame chicken thinking it would be relatively low-carb. I made sure to order it with no rice on the side and just a side salad, miso soup and a few pieces of tempura veggies. Come to find out that that chicken had been breaded more than I'd ever seen a chicken breaded in my life haha. By the time I was done eating, I had a plate full of breading that I had scraped from my chicken. It still tasted pretty amazing though and I managed to only steal 2 tiny pieces of sushi from the boys. All in all, I was over on my carbs by just a bit (about 51g net carbs total). But the most important thing was that I got some much needed bonding time with my son, who is hardly ever home, and to just spend time laughing and catching up with him and my husband. It was worth a few extra carbs :) And it didn't seem to have much of an effect on the scale, so yay!

Tomorrow, I'll be posting my week 3 results and I'm pretty excited. It's been great to see the scale moving in the right direction again and to feel things becoming easier. Still though...it feels like it's been 3 months, not 3 weeks. Hopefully the motivation and the scale keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment