Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Day 6 and the evil Girl Scout Cookies...

Day 6 was a Monday and Monday's are typically easy for me because they're the day before my Jilly's Losers weigh-ins. So it's always been mentally easy for me to eat healthy and drink lots and lots of water. And I did just that.

And then...our girl scout cookies that were ordered months ago showed up. 11 boxes to be exact. Samoas, thin mints, trefoils...and other ones that don't tempt me, but the kids wanted haha. Since girl scout cookies are a once a year thing, we always stock up so that they'll last us a while. Have you ever tried a thin mint from the freezer? Yeah...I can eat a whole sleeve by myself. And samoas are like coconut crack, but if you saw their calorie count you'd die. I never tried Trefoils (shortbread ones) until about 2 years ago and I wish I never had. I'm the only one in my house who likes them so they disappear....all by my hand. Man. I love girl scout cookies. But of course when we ordered them, I didn't know I was going to be doing this no sugar thing!

So my daughter's best friend showed up with our cookies last night (since my girls no longer do girl scouts themselves)...and the girls were SO excited. And then it hit them. We can't eat these....for 3...more...months. WHAT!?!?!?! They did this kind of...laughing cry. Like they couldn't believe what they'd gotten themselves into and they saw the irony in all of this.

So we looked at the boxes. We ooo'd and ahhh'd and hugged them goodbye. And then we hid them away in the cold storage room that we never go in so that we won't think about them for a few months. (Frankly, I won't be surprised if it's October before we go "Oh yeah! we have cookies!") But we did it. We didn't open a single box. Gregory has opted out of the no sugar thing, so he took his box of Tagalongs and hid it in his room and I'm fine with that. I also left out a box of the new cookies (S'mores) for Cooper to try/have because they don't tempt me at all. But the rest may as well not even exist. I will not let a cookie break me! haha.

With my weigh in today, I'm excited at how much I'm down after 6 days! But I'll post here once I've weighed in tomorrow after 1 full week of no sugar/low carb. It's obvious to me now that it works. If it didn't, I'd be in the kitchen making me some Grandma Sycamores toast right now! But it does...so I'm going to keep going.

My week of strict menu planning from my group challenge ended yesterday, but it worked so well for me and saved me so much stress that I decided to keep doing it. So I have my menu all planned up for the week (including snacks) and I'm going to stick to it! I just wish time would go faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment