Thursday, March 2, 2017

Day 1 down...barely!

The universe knew I was embarking on a new journey because Day 1 (3/1) was TOUGH. I coordinated the weekly challenge in Jilly's Losers with my no-sugar/low carb journey to give me a little extra motivation and I think it actually helped me to stay on track despite the temptations.

Our challenge this week in my group is to create a meal plan for the entire week, including all meals and snacks...and then stick to it 100% without eating a single thing that was not written down ahead of time. With a $200 prize on the table, this is a big one. But it was great for me because planning is where I struggle. So working out a full week's worth of meals/snacks and making sure to leave out anything that resembles dessert or bread/pasta/potatoes will make it easier to stick to it!

But before day 1 was over, I had one sweet friend make me some healthy homemade no-bake cookies that smelled AMAZING!! And another friend brought my favorite sugar cookies (aside from my mom's that is) to our church meeting. It was unbelievably hard to say no to both these things, but I managed to do so. And hopefully my wonderful friends know how much I love and appreciate them!

Despite the temptations, I survived day 1 with a final count of 1200 calories and only 28g of net carbs! That's pretty great for me! Once 3pm hit, I was hit hard with the afternoon munchies, but a handful of almonds from my list and a LOT of water helped me through it until dinnertime.

For dinner, Nathan grilled steaks (that man makes the best steaks I've ever had) and we tried some mashed cauliflower with cheddar and bacon. It was pretty good!!

More than anything else, it felt good to finally have ONE DAY of control and no sugar under my belt. 95 more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment