Thursday, March 16, 2017

Days 15 & 16....getting really good at saying no...

Wednesday I got to work again. This week I spent 3 hours organizing a single file drawer full of all sorts of signs/bulletin board deco that the gym uses. It was actually kind of fun seeing all the stuff they have and sorting it however I wanted to. I forgot to eat before I left at 8:45am, which normally would make me feel horrible for hours until I ate, but ever since starting the ketogenic diet, I'm finding my body is able to go longer without feeling hunger pangs. So it didn't bother me to wait for lunch until 1! The only problem is then getting in all of my calories in 2 meals/snacks instead of 3.

I also had my 3rd session of physical therapy. While I still feel quite a bit of pain if I'm on my feet more than a few minutes, walking is slowly getting easier and less horribly limpy. I'll admit when I was first told I should go to physical therapy I kinda of laughed it off and figured I would be just fine without it. But I was wrong. It makes a huge difference. Still going to be a while before I'm back to 100%, but I'm inching along faster than I would otherwise.

Wednesday nights means Young Women's activities at church and last night's was a ton of fun. But of course it ended with plates of brownies, cookies and a giant bowl of thin mint chex mix that I was DYING to try!!! Luckily I have amazing friends who also made sure to bring some fruit and veggies so that Ariana and I weren't feeling too left out :) Ari may have visibly pouted more than I did, but we both stayed strong anyway. It's getting easier! I've noticed that both girls are starting to make healthier food choices automatically a bit more now. Fruit instead of chips, veggies instead of carby snacks. Not all the time, but it's a start!

Today (Thursday) I spent all day at the USA gymnastics Utah State meet with my 10 year old. She had a really rough meet and it was hard not to say "screw it, let's have some comfort food" to try and make her feel better. But she's even more strict than I am about this whole thing and insisted on Subway for lunch on the way home! I really am addicted to that sweet onion chicken teriyaki salad.

On the way home (45 minute drive), Nathan texted and asked us to pick him up a Whopper, fries and a diet dr. pepper. A few weeks ago I would've said no way, get it yourself...but I wasn't so worried this time. Emma has even asked that we try and not have any soda at all until June either, so when I thought about taking a sip of his drink on the way home, she was there to stop me haha. I did have about 1/4 of a fry before handing Nathan the bag, but it didn't trigger me and I was perfectly content with that one little taste! It really is amazing how things have changed just in these past 2 weeks. I never thought it was possible to say no to all the things I love...but here I am doing it and not really feeling at all like I'm missing anything. It's kind of nice.

The scale dropped back down a bit this morning, but I decided not to get excited about it yet. We'll see where things are at at the end of week 3. But so far it's off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment