Monday, January 10, 2011

Another goal to reach...

While I was sitting poolside for Emma's lessons again this morning, my eyes wandered around the enormous aquatic center and up to the giant window that leads into their cardio equipment room. People on treadmills and bikes and ellipticals all lined the window, overlooking the pool. And I decided on another goal. I want to be able to run. Not racewalk, not bounce up and down while walking fast....I want to RUN.

I don't have the best knees, but I know most of that is because of my weight. I want to get to a point where it no longer physically hurts me to even try and run. I want to be able to run a mile without even thinking, like I did in high school. I've never been much for distance running...but I took forgranted that I even could. I ran track one year in high school...and was the secretary for the men's track team at Brigham Young University...and I never really appreciated how good it felt to just put on some music, strap on some running shoes and a pair of shorts and just run.

I know it'll be a while before I get to that point, but its good to set goals all along the way, right? I also wouldn't mind not having to wear two sports bras when I do it *chuckles*

4 comments:

  1. Totally DO Couch to 5K! Or C25K! It works and it doesn't matter what size you are! I mean, if your knees hurt and you want to lose more weight first, that is understandable. Just know I have friends around your size that are doing it/have done it. I DID IT and I couldn't believe how good it works! Check it out. Google it! IT works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started C25K. Even those rare times when I was in great shape, I could never run a solid mile.

    There's great apps for c25k. I got the one with a British lady saying "Now Walk. Now Run." all uppity. The apps play music from your playlist, its the perfect combo. I tried c25k before and quit because it was such a pain to keep looking at my watch or counting in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to check it out, I'd never heard of it. Thanks guys :)

    ReplyDelete