Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Oops?

So...there's a new Rancheritos (Betos) right by our house and I've always LOVED their food. I'd been really good lately about my diet so I told Nathan to bring home dinner and figured I'd get full on half a burrito and be done with it. Yeah....I nearly ate the whole thing. And then had a serving of my "no sugar added" ice cream...and some Mountain Dew. Oops? haha. I can't say I felt guilty per se...I just knew it wasn't the best choice for my diet. But I remembered what Maeli told me.

She said if you do eat more than you should..or eat things you really shouldn't..the most important thing is what you do next. If you get up and let it ruin your whole rhythm and skip breakfast or eat carbs upon carbs, you'll gain weight. But if you overcompensate...you can balance it out. So today I've been super uber good! I cut the carbs out of my breakfast AND my snack and for lunch I'm just having a protein shake. So hopefully when its time for my next trip to the scale...her method proves to work.

It's okay to eat some of what you want once in a while. The trick is to not overdo it. Everything in moderation. And when you do slip up...overcompensate to fix it! Protein protein protein! I also got in my 40 minutes on the elliptical this morning so hopefully that will help too. *sighs* It's so much easier to give up sugar and candy and baked goods than it is to give up fatty foods like super nummy burritos with sour cream and cheese in them. Dammit, now I'm hungry again. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment