Sunday, January 16, 2011

Here we go...

Oh man do I feel like crap run over by 10 semi-trucks....times 10. Seriously. Apparently loading days are a lot less pleasant after you've already done 1 round of hcg/maintenance and your body has gotten used to NOT eating crap...and gotten used to NOT eating a lot...and your stomach has SHRUNK! I honestly don't think we really ate that much yesterday, but I feel like my stomach is still about to explode...and it's the next day!

We went to Five Guys burgers & fries last night. They built one near our house and we'd heard all the raves about it and agreed we'd try it out on our loading day. It really was very good...but after not having burgers & fries for 2 months, my body did NOT like it. At all. I suppose it's a good way to remind myself of why I'm doing this and that my body actually does prefer the healthier foods. In the past I could just say it was worth the stomach troubles, but not anymore. This really isn't worth it.

So today starts our second phase...500 calories a day. I know today will be pretty easy because we're both still feeling pretty damn full from the weekend's overeating, but I'll admit I'm really nervous about this first week as it progresses. Last time around, the first week was miserable for me and I nearly quit. I'm hoping my body manages it better this time around, because I really don't want to relive all of that. I also hope that Nathan doesn't have as rough a first week as I did. At least in this case I CAN say it was worth it. And I'm doing it again, so it must be.

We both gained quite a few pounds back from loading, but that's normal. Nathan's now at 269 and I'm at 310.2. Tomorrow those numbers will probably take a big dive. Here's hoping. Below I'm posting our "before" pictures. Although mine can kinda be seen as "after" pics from my last round too I guess although you can tell how crappy I feel by looking at them haha. I promised myself I'd post them though, so be nice! So phase two, here we go. Wish us luck!























1 comment:

  1. Go Jill Go!!!! You can totally do this!! I felt like crap after loading on Round 2 as well! UGH, I wanted to die. Too bad, 3 days later, I was wishing I could eat it again. LOL! Funny how this diet is VERY mental! I'm finding round 2 to be easier in regards to hunger pains and discomfort. Perhaps it's because I know what to expect. The temptations are still there, but you CAN do it! You can do anything for 21 days! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete