Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sugar-free candy is no substitute...

So last night was new years and the kids were picking out treats to have at home. They were so cute, they even picked out sugar free ones. I'm sure it wasn't on purpose, but it still made me smile. So I picked out some for me as well. Yes it's carbs I still should go easy on, but I wanted me some candy so that's what I got. Werther's Originals are not meant to be sugarless. They were um....tolerable, I suppose. The chocolate covered peanuts however, I had to put away before I ate the whole bag. It was the closest thing to sugar I think I could have found, but still not the same *sighs* I think this is the first time I'd really craved anything sugary in a while. I'm not sure why. But it was fun to at least pretend for a few minutes anyway.

It feels good to wake up today, on the first day of a brand new year...and know that I'm already well into my resolution of losing weight. Most people don't start until New Years, but it feels so good to know I started early and I've come a long way before 1-1-11 even hit! I know it sounds so cliche, but that's still my biggest resolution for this year. I want to be half the person I was when I started all of this by the time the next new year comes around...or at least close to it. But numbers aside...I just want to stick to all the hard work I've done and not slide back down the slippery slope. I want to keep my will power as strong as its been the past month and a bit. I couldn't do it without my amazing family. I know I couldn't. I love them so much and thank them for always checking up on me and encouraging me to keep going. I feel so much happier already in life now that I've started to like myself that much more!

2 comments:

  1. Jill - you will do great! You are my inspiration! You have started on a great path, you have learned so much already! You will lose half you physical body, but you will be twice the person you were!!!

    Happy New Year Jill! I love fresh starts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Jill!! You're doing great!! Perhaps you're craving sugar because Aunt Flow was around? I don't know. Either way, keep the great work!

    ReplyDelete