Tuesday, January 18, 2011

So close I can taste it!!

For the second day in a row, I've lost 4 lbs. That still only puts me 3 below where I started but it also puts me only 2 lbs away from breaking 300!! I honestly don't remember the last time I was in the 200's. I "think" it was when Gregory was a few years old maybe? Years and years ago though. And I am more excited than I can even begin to explain...to be back under 300.

When I met Nathan in 1998, I weighed 190 lbs. Even then, I was doing Jenny Craig and had just lost about 20 lbs. My pregnancy with Gregory, however, was really hard on my body and I gained about 80 lbs in 9 months. My blood pressure was crazy scary high and the whole time I was just miserable. With Ari and Emma, I only gained about 12-15 lbs each time and the pregnancies and labor were much easier..but I never managed to lose any weight in between. When I finally topped out around 330 my weight just stayed there. I ate what I wanted and it didn't go up or down, it just waivered right there. When we bought our elliptical and I tried to get serious about doing that every day...I lost 11 lbs in about 2 months but then I fell down my stairs and got a horrible bone bruise and it killed my momentum as I couldn't use the elliptical for quite a while. My weight then went back up to 330 and stayed there again.

This is the first time I've been able to lose weight...keep it off...and be EXCITED about doing it. It's fun to have Nathan doing it with me, though it's an adjustment trying to feed the kids completely separately. I'm always afraid I'll forget they haven't eaten yet because I already have haha. Nathan lost 3.6 lbs today. That's so awesome!! So far he's having an easier time of it than I did my first round, though we've both had mild headaches. But we're not dying of hunger and we're still able to sleep. His biggest complaint is peeing so much haha. The water is hard to get used to but its really no different then if you're not dieting. Water intake should always be half your body weight in ounces, no matter if you're dieting or not. Neither of us is used to drinking that much though. Poor guy's been gettin teased at work..co-workers talking about water falls and sprinklers and rain. I told him "Now you know how I feel when you do that to me!!" haha. Live and learn. I love him for doin it though.

2 more pounds! WOOHOO! Too bad I won't be able to celebrate with cake.

1 comment: