Saturday, January 8, 2011

Oh sugar, how I missed thee!

Last night was Gregory's birthday party. I made a marble cake with chocolate frosting. It was just your typical homemade cake, nothing special. But oh man...when I finally tasted it...I swear it was heaven for that brief moment. I'd bought "no sugar added" ice cream to offset the incredibly huge amounts in the cake (amazingly enough 1 serving of the ice cream only has 3 grams of sugar...yay)...but oh man. I've had better cake in my life, but last night..it was the best thing I'd ever eaten in my whole life. Honestly, I was a bit worried that the damn would crumble and the flood of urges I've held back would suddenly come crashing through, causing me to eat the whole cake at once (or even eat it for breakfast today). Surprisingly...I've still only had the one piece! It really is bizarre to me!

It still sounds delicious *licks lips*, but I stuck to a protein shake this morning and cottage cheese and pears for my snack. It's so nice to be able to fit things I enjoy back into my diet again and know that I now have the will power to not over-indulge. It's amazing what you can eat if you know how to properly manage your diet and portions.

Today I'm going to try and make a Boboli pizza I bought the stuff for. The crust is 100% whole wheat and thin, and I won't be able to pile on the toppings, but I've been craving pizza for 2 months now so I'm willing to try anything at this point!

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm tempted to feed my kids cake for all 3 meals today just to get that temptation back out of my sight! Mmmmmm Sugarrrrrrr.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Jill! I'm jealous! I want cake!! YUM!! That's one of my biggest weaknesses! I could eat an entire cake and then another and another! YUM! Yes, get it out of site! Seriously, if you have to, put it in the trash or in the sink and run it down the disposal! I threw out ALL our Christmas treats people brought by. I HAD to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just throw the leftover cake away!

    ReplyDelete