Monday, January 3, 2011

Can I borrow some energy?

9 hours of sleep last night and I'm still feeling just plain yuck. I can't believe I've been in bed before 11pm every night since coming home from Florida, not to mention up at 8am. I suppose it's healthier for me than staying up till 2am and getting up at 10. My body still can't decide if it wants to get sick or not. Make up your mind would ya! I should be eating my cottage cheese and fruit right now so that I can hop on the elliptical for my workout but I just cannot seem to find the energy to even go into the kitchen. Can I borrow some?

They always say youth is wasted on the young and it couldn't feel more true today. I had to wake my 6 year old up to get ready for school. This child can sleep till 11 if you let her, even if she's gone to bed at 9pm the night before. But within a minute of me waking her up she's her perky little smiling self and ready for the day. Can I borrow some of that please?? I mean come on!

So this is now week 3 of maintenance for my diet. I'm allowed to have carbs with my dinner should I choose. I suppose it's a bit more important that I at least remember to actually EAT all my meals. I think my body is trying to rebel again. I'm just not hungry. Some people might say "well that's great, then don't eat, you'll lose weight". But it's not true. If I don't eat breakfast then my body will just store fat anyway, thinking it needs to. Maybe if I stare at the fridge hard enough, it will open and the cottage cheese and fruit will make itself. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment