Friday, December 3, 2010

Nearly threw the towel in...

Yesterday was by far the hardest day of this diet for me. It was day 6 and instead of getting easier to handle it was a million times harder. The stomach pains were so bad it drove me to tears and near vomiting, though I managed not to. I tried everything I could to rid myself of the pains aside from just shoving a pb&j sandwich down my throat and nothing worked. Not the gum, not the diet coke and not the L-glutamine I bought. I really was ready to just say screw it and give up.

Luckily, Maeli finally got my voicemail last night and called me back. I told her what was going on and she said it's possible that my body is just rejecting the drops..which some people do. Since I wasn't straying from the diet and eating sugar, it wasn't something I was doing...which was nice to hear. So she had me up my dosage a bit. If that doesn't work, my only other option is to do the injections so that my body produces enough hcg to handle this diet. I'd rather not have to shove a needle in my arm every day for 2 weeks but if it will make this bearable, I'm willing to do it.

So I upped my dosage starting before bed and *knock on wood* I feel a lot better today. I slept great and was down another 1.1 lbs this morning! Morning's have never been very hard though so it's hard to gauge if the dosage will help. Night time is by far the hardest and part of me is honestly frightened to find out. If tonight turns out just as miserable ast last night, I'll just go for the shots. Only problem is that means forking over more dough.

So keep your fingers crossed. I really don't want to be in that 1% of people whose bodies just can't do this diet. I need it more than most of the rest!

4 comments:

  1. 10lbs!!!! you are a 1/3 done with your goal!!! WOW, THAT WAS FAST!!! Sorry for all the pains, but so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill, My friend did the injections straight into her stomach every day. Don't know if I could handle the needles.

    You can do it! DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds awful, and unsafe; forcing your body to produce any kind of hormone isn't a good idea. Sure, some people (the ones who are trying to make a dime off the product) argue that hCG is a natural substance, but so isn't HGH, and other human growth injections. Basically, if you're body isn't supplying it, you probably don't want it in your body.


    You should really ask yourself an important question: Are you on a diet to become a healthier person, or do you just wanna look more appealing to other people? If you did NOT choose the ladder, you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

    Now, if you did pick the right answer, You should really look into the common sense diet, it's by far the most effect and proven diet.

    The only thing you need is commitment.

    I actually hope someone tells you are in that 1% category.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the comments. Hcg IS something that is produced in the body and the diet has been around for 50 years. It is not some new fad diet that's going to have lawsuits left and right a year from now. There are no dangerous side effects and as I've tried to explain this is not something that you do every day for the rest of your life. 14 more days and my body will be reset and ready for me to re-train it with a healthier diet. I urge you to research this more. God knows I researched the hell out of it before putting it into my body.

    ReplyDelete