Sunday, December 5, 2010

Well hmmm...

Today was was up .4 lbs and the body fat % number on my scale jumped up..a lot. I'm a bit confused. Wondering if the scale is right. I'm looking back over yesterday trying to figure out where I went wrong. The only thing I can think of that I know I messed up a bit with was having a little more than 3 oz. of my lean ground beef for dinner. Would that really cause such a screw up? I didn't change anything else.

Strawberries at 10am
3 oz. steak & some summer squash around 2pm
Apple around 5pm
3.5 oz. hamburger (w/ onion salt that i've used a few times this week) and some steamed broccoli.
I also had 2 pieces of melba toast over the course of the day...12 calories each...and my days total for calories was only slightly over 500. I also didn't drink as much water as I should have...maybe only about 96 oz.

But still...how did I GAIN weight? I didn't have ANY sugar...I didn't even have the sugarless gum. Even without the hcg (as people keep pointing out to me)..if I only eat 500 calories i'm GOING to lose weight just because of how many calories my body burns on its own every day just by existing. So what the hell!

I guess I just try and mimic one of my better weight loss days today and see how it goes. Tomorrow afternoon I meet with Maeli, so I'll be sure to ask about it. Right now I'm just....baffled.

4 comments:

  1. Water retention? Too much salt yesterday? Nate tripped over the scale and broke it?

    I got so paranoid about the results my scale would give me that I bought a different brand scale and use them both and then take the number I like best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The body fat scales can be off by as much as 6%. They're not very accurate so I wouldn't even worry about that part. It could be not enough water, it could be eating later or everything hadn't passed through your system when you weighed. For being up not even 1/2 lbs., I wouldn't worry about it. Now, if it were 2 or more, then I'd be puzzled. I've only lost 2 this week and I was losing 5 before and I'm eating the same. I think our bodies just go through cycles. I'm going by my measurements and how my clothes feel. I've already lost 2 inches off the chest, 4 off the waist and 2 off the hips and that's only after 20 days. It will be exciting to see your measurements go down. Afterall, isn't that what we really want to see?! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, my suggestion might be to not eat as much red meat or red meat at all for a few days. That's just me though. I tried to stick with chicken as much as possible. It seemed the days I added red meat, I wouldn't lose as much or I'd gain. Just a thought. I think I only had red meat 3, maybe 4 times the entire 21 days. My friends that ate red meat a lot seemed to not lose as fast. I know everyone's different, so this may not be the case for you. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Oh and I hate fish too, so I only had chicken as an option most of the time. My protocol said to stay away from red meat as much as possible. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't let yourself get dicouraged over .4 lbs. That is literally not peeing or blowing your nose! haha. You have a long way to go and you can't let yourself get caught up in .4 lbs ot it'll just be harder to do this! You have to focus EACH day on the positive things that you accomplished and the weight losses that you DO have. You ROT! and I love you and can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete